Quantcast

e*thirteen forum FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Here are a few of the questions that we frequently see from many people. If you have any specific questions, by all means email or call us!

1. Is my new 2009 LG1 wearplate interchangeable with my 2009 SRS chainguide system?
In order to maximize weight reduction, performance and strength all 2009 chainguide system wearplate parts are model specific and cannot be changed between models.

2.Can I convert my 2006-2008 SRS, LG1 or STS into a 2009 SRS, LG1 or STS?
Sorry, 2006-2008 guides do not share the new e.thirteen chainguide system technology but can be used on the new e.thirteen aftermarket M40 dual angle backplate.

3.Can I convert my DRS chainguide system into 2009 DRS chainguide system?
Sorry, 2006-2008 guides do not share the new e.thirteen chainguide system technology and can not be converted.

4.Can I still buy regular maintenance replacement wearplate kits and mounting hardware for my 2002-2005 SRS, STS and SST chainguide system?
Yes, e.thirteen will continue to support is 2002-2005 chainguide systems with replacement and regular maintenance wearplate kits. Contact you local e.thirteen authorized dealer for details.

5.Will an e.thirteen chainguide fit my bike?
There is an excellent chance it will! Our chain retention systems have been designed to be compatible with more frame designs than any other brand on the market. We spend a lot of time fitting guides to different bikes and have developed a Compatibility Chart to help answer your question. We also provide bicycle specific instructions for some frames. Please refer to the Tech Support page on e13components.com for further information.

6.I don't see my frame on the fit chart. Will a chainguide fit my frame?
For the most up to date frame specific fit information email all technical support inquiries Support@e13components.com. All inquiries are answered within one business day between the hours of 9am to 5pm EST. (GMT -5). Help us help you! Contribute to the Guide Picker 2.0 project

7.Do the new 2009 LG1 and SRS come in a wide angle backplate version?
The New LG1 and SRS chainguide systems do not require wide angle backplates. The new 2009 chainguide system design features a 3 position all in 1 adjustable backplate to accommodate elevated straight and dropped chainstay designs.

8.My frame doesn't have ISCG mounting tabs. Will an e.thirteen chainguide fit my frame?
Yes. e.thirteen chainguide systems can be mounted via the provided ISCG adapters. For frame specific fits see the fit chart or email technical support inquiries to Support@e13components.com.

9.Can e.thirteen sponsor me or my team?
Please submit all written sponsorship proposals complete with race resume, proposal and cover letter to our worldwide headquarters at 40 Spruce St #101, Leominster MA 01453
*If you are an athlete from outside of the United States then please contact our respective country's distributor.

10.Does my frame have ISCG or ISCG-05 chainguide mounting tabs?
The most effective and accurate way is to measure your ISCG tabs. (High res image coming soon)

11.I would like to plaster my parent's/ wife's / husband's / significant other's vehicle or personal property with e.thirteen stickers. Can I have some?
Yes. Please send $2 USD to our postal address and label it as "Catalog and Sticker Request." We are not able to fill email requests for stickers or catalogs. *You can now get all of our logos at the logo download page.

12.Can I use an ISCG adapter to mount a DRS to a frame with no ISCG mounting tabs?
DRS chainguide systems are bottom bracket mount or ISCG0-05 direct mount only and do not mount to the frame via ISCG adapters as the spacing differs from that of single ring retention systems. If you are unsure of your frames iscg mounting pattern please use the ISCG explained page of our website for assistance in determining your frames ISCG configuration. or check out the fit chart.

13.Our frame requires a new chainguide design. Can e.thirteen design and integrate a new top-level chainguide for our bike?
Yes, we can. We currently handle custom chainguide designs, all fabrication, and kitting for several top level OEM manufacturers. We will work to find the most cost effective solution for your unique chainguide needs. We are dedicated to giving your project the personal attention that it deserves.

14.We are hosting an event, will e.thirteen sponsor it?
It's possible! Give us a call directly to discuss how we can work together to promote riding and having fun! The further ahead the event is planned the better off we all are.

15.We would like to do a review of your product, who do we speak with?
You can contact us directly and together we can work out the details of all reviews.

16.Where can I find replacement parts for my chainguide?
Chances are that your LBS can order you replacement parts! We offer replacement parts for every bit of your guide, from bolts to plastics. Contact you local e.thirteen authorized dealer for details, or your countries Authorized Distributor.

17. What Lubricants are approved for use with my e*thirteen components chain device?
The following information can be found HERE!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.