Quantcast

e.thirteen questions

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
I ran a e.thirteen SRS 42T(06) on my old big hit, and transfered it to my new supreme dh, this time without the bashring and on a 36T chainring.

I've noticed theres a gap between where the chain ring is and where the actual guide ends, i think this is due to the 42t to 36t. I can't adjust the roller inwards to the chain due to it been such a tight fit on the supreme dh(hits the bolts), is this alright?

Also, will the chain still hold without the bashguard? on the LG1 guides theres a box over the top of the chain and on this there isnt, I'm sure when adverts started coming out you could transfer a LG1 to a SRS and vica versa easily, but now I can't see anything on the site. Will the chain drop? I'm looking at buying the taco.

I'll get some pictures soon to show you what I mean

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Also, will the chain still hold without the bashguard?
Couldn't really make heads or tails of the rest of your post, but the answer to this question is a resounding NO. It may hold the chain for a few minutes in a parking lot, but you'll lose it almost immediately if when you start on rough terrain. If you want to run an e13 guide without the bashguard, you need to buy the LG-1 plastics.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Couldn't really make heads or tails of the rest of your post, but the answer to this question is a resounding NO. It may hold the chain for a few minutes in a parking lot, but you'll lose it almost immediately if when you start on rough terrain. If you want to run an e13 guide without the bashguard, you need to buy the LG-1 plastics.
How much do they cost?

I'm not great with explaining things like this, but I'll give it another shot

On my old big hit, I ran a 42T SRS system with the supercharger, I brought a Supreme DH frame a few day ago and fitted it, but using a 36T chainring instead. I'm not sure if the backplace of the guide changes size depending on which size you order, but theres a gap between the roller and the chainring(see pic). I can't adjust this due to it already been a very tight fit, will this be a problem?

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
you are going to need to put back on the bash guard or buy lg1 parts tree. and most likely a different back plate witch at that point you should just a get a new lg1 guide and save the ol stuff because depending on the year the new part tree my not fit. Dont buy anything but e-13 no gam****

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You defenetly "need" the bashguard on that system, its part of what keeps the chain on, and if I am not mistaken you wont be able to move your roller far enough in for it to work properly with a 36t ring, I do belive the backplate you have is made for the 40 plus rings.

Either way If you want to keep running the 36 I would suggest either a New SrS or a New LG1, with comes with the Taco now!!!

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
You defenetly "need" the bashguard on that system, its part of what keeps the chain on, and if I am not mistaken you wont be able to move your roller far enough in for it to work properly with a 36t ring, I do belive the backplate you have is made for the 40 plus rings.

Either way If you want to keep running the 36 I would suggest either a New SrS or a New LG1, with comes with the Taco now!!!
The backplace has a moving system to make me move it closer to the chainring, but it rubs on the frame

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
One thing that works out well with the LG1 and the Commencal is that you can run the chainring in the outer position on the cranks. (this is how the bike was designed) It makes setup a snap and gives you the chainline that the bike was designed around.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well, from there I would say talk to E13 and see what they suggest for mounting that guide with that frame, You will still need the Bashguard with that guide either way

Edit.... What DW said

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
One thing that works out well with the LG1 and the Commencal is that you can run the chainring in the outer position on the cranks. (this is how the bike was designed) It makes setup a snap and gives you the chainline that the bike was designed around.
I'll give that shot tomorrow, thanks.

I'll email e.thirteen tomorrow and ask for some help too. thanks guys