Quantcast

E WA? N. ID _ new IMBA club forming

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
The steering commitee of the newly forming Fat Tire Trail Riders invites you to attend the first meeting, Tues Jan 11 6:30 at the Argonne Library on Upriver Driver in Spokane. This mission of this club is to be for ALL riders, with four goals of trail building and maintenance, land avocacy, education and of course, rides and fun. We've got a lot of ideas and energy, and know that a lot of you folks do too. We are looking for board members to help get this thing going, but please come even if you are just curious, or have a general interest.

Hope to see you there. We are develping a listserve if you are unable to attend the meeting.

email for more information
fttrc@yahoo.com

~ thanks, geargrrl

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Skookum said:
Glad to hear you got a advocacy club up and running on that side. :thumb: :thumb:
thanks... not up and running yet, but hoping to get there. There's no "voice" for mountain bikers, here, and thank god there's not a lot of conflict yet. But.... develepment is encroaching at Canfield, Marshall rollers has been fenced off, the master trail plan is being developed for Mt. Spokane state park ( and yes they support biking). I hear there are problems up at Priest Lake, and there's lots of great riding up in the forest lands. I think it'd be awesome to get Beacon built up like Post Canyon. I've made it real clear to the other steering committee folks that in order to make this thing fly, all riders have to be part of the process. Last time this was attempted, the first thing that happened was a split between the xc and the dh/fr crowd and ... why not support both?

gg

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Great news! You might want to hit up Art, the WA state IMBA rep and also Justin, Brian, from the BBTC over here for some experience tips.
As well as Mike and others at STM. There was some attempt a while back to band under one flag statewide too. But, I believe that died because your issues over there are not as bad(hopefully) as this side of the mountains.

DH/FR vs XC?

It's been a long road over here too. I believe there's been lots of progress in the last couple years though. Especially as more and more typical XC types cross over to more travel. Oddly enough, you don't see many people who start out on DH going back the other way. Very similar to the introduction of snowboarding in the '80s. Personally, that's too bad.

But, it's all getting better and I think that many stereotypes and perceptions have been broken down to get to what we all want. To maintain what we have and get more legal trails.

Good luck!

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
i would love to get some of our people involved but not sure about the comuting from spokane to there unless the meetings are all on weekends but we'll see how it pans out
i would love to see mt spokane have more trails...maybe lift accesss too!!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
since IMBA has broadened it's vision a bit, I think it will easier to appeal to more riders, yet keep the sustainable/legal aspect into place. Otherwise said, I told the die hard xc-ers that being all encompassing is the only way this thing is going to fly, espeically with Beacon right here in town, and Silver being developed for riding. It's all good.

As for Mt spokane and lift served, it's actually in the draft of the master plan for the park for the concession to do that someday as a potentiality. Whether it comes down to ever happening is probably a sheer case of cost effectiveness.

There is a liftserver list via google groups being set up, nothing happening yet but you can look it up, it's called fttrc.

thanks for your support.

gg

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I passed by Silver on my way to Montana for Christmas...first time since I was a wittle girl that I've been over that way. That mountain is steep and looks ripe for some heavy xc riding. I hope I am able to get there for the race this year.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
the new stuff at Silver is sa-weet. Bye - bye lift serve fireroads. IMBA was up there all summer flagging trails, and they were offering passes for anyone who wanted to put in labor. The new "balck diamond" single track is awesome. WE rode it the last weekend it was open,

gg

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
we had an excellent turnout, 30 folks for the initial session with a good CDA turnout too. lots of issues for those folks. Canfield etc.
the next meeting is Feb 9 (weds) 6:30, Argonne Library where we are going to start putting some of this stuff together. We'd like to connect up with the Moscow ( MAMBA) folks and the Pend Oreille Pedalers too.

geargrrl