Quantcast

e13 (36 tooth) bashguide diameter?

Jono

Chimp
Apr 1, 2002
Welly, Nooziland
I'm running an e13 DRS on my 'free at the moment (with a 40 tooth bashguard) with a 22/38 tooth combination.

The problem with this is that the chain rubs something chronic on the bottom of the dérailleur when in granny gear, and I can't drop it any further because the cage will ground out on the bashguard.

Does anyone know the diameter of a 36 tooth bashguard (I'm wondering if a smaller guard would fix the problem buy giving me slightly more clearance on the cage)

And yes, I know - 22/38 is kinda a large jump, but it actually shifts pretty damned fine. And means I can climb up and bomb down things without excessive grunting or spinning :)

Tar,

Jono

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I had the same question earlier this year and went directly to E13 to get this reply:

Here are the approx. measurements.
32t - 155mm
36t - 170mm
40t - 185mm
42t - 192mm

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I'm running an e13 DRS on my 'free at the moment (with a 40 tooth bashguard) with a 22/38 tooth combination.

The problem with this is that the chain rubs something chronic on the bottom of the dérailleur when in granny gear, and I can't drop it any further because the cage will ground out on the bashguard.

Does anyone know the diameter of a 36 tooth bashguard (I'm wondering if a smaller guard would fix the problem buy giving me slightly more clearance on the cage)

And yes, I know - 22/38 is kinda a large jump, but it actually shifts pretty damned fine. And means I can climb up and bomb down things without excessive grunting or spinning :)

Tar,

Jono
I have the same setup, 22/38, and instead of changing the gear, I had Access to a Lathe and took off about an 1/8 of an inch to match it up to the 38. Mine also shifts just fine.