Quantcast

E13 and deity cranks and bb

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
I just installed a E13 srs guide with a deity crankset and bb. The drive side crank looks warped as it rotates. Like a peice is bent or something. Has anyone come across this? I also have the deity 38 tooth ring if that helps.

drop360

Chimp
Oct 18, 2005
Is it the crank that looks warped, or the chain wheel? When you install the cranks, you want to leave the bolt connecting the chain wheel to the crank arm loose. Tighten it up once the cranks are tight. That way you won't have as much wobble in the spinning chain wheel.

But if you knew that, and it's really the crank arms itself, then I guess I'm not much help.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
take off the crank arm and loosen all the bolts holding on the chain wheel and bash guard. tighten the chain ring bolts but leave the big one that connects to the crank loose. put back on bike with chain. pedal bike in stand a few times then tighten bolt. should fix your problem

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
The face of the crank arm thet goes against the sproket seems uneven. When you tighten the crank arm, the sprocket flex's to the point where it looks like its bent. The sprocket up against the frame on its spindle is straight, but when the crank arm is put on its bent. Any suggestions? Its getting to the point where I cant tighten the bolt that goes into the crank arm through the sprocket if I want it straight. Its a splined sprocket, if that helps.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
same thing happened to mine. i did what i typed above and it was fixed. try it. if not call deity eric will help ya out no problem

hilldown

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Oroville, CA
How did you tighten the bolt with the E13 guide mounting plate? The only way is to back the whole sprocket off. Did you have a splined sprocket? Thanks for the input so far bro,