Quantcast

E13 Boxxer stem is out

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
WOW, that is soo nice! im ordering one for my brothers bike!
Just found out he broke his wrist in football today so he'll get to look at it for a while.

what reach do you have now? can you get the bar any closer to the steertube?

D

demo008

its not on their website so where would my shop order it from

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Jimmy_Pop said:
what reach do you have now? can you get the bar any closer to the steertube?
reach is adjustable, 45 or 55mm, and fits 25.4 or 31.8 bars

dw

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
2wlsdh said:
Stem looks nice, but you should chop down your steerer tube...............
Personally, I've kept my steerers a little long just in case I ever sell my forks or need to put them on a bike with a longer head tube.

dw

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
LOOnatic said:
It looks like it bolts to the top crown so does anyone know if it will work with oldr RS crowns or a Romic top crown?
no and no

needs to be 2005 RS crown or newer.

here are pics of the prototype E13 stem I was running for a while. I now have the same production stem that Clause posted.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
its too bad about the overhangy bits if you run @ 45mm (yeah, i'm just being an aesthetics wiener). offering a dedicated (non-adjustable) short length would be cool. (nothing you could'nt fix with judicious application of a hacksaw i suppose). really nice elegant design otherwise.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
motomike said:
I thought y'all were gonna just do the chainguide thing.? Anyway, it looks stunning.
We have had them on order from before Sea Otter, so this and the reducers will continue as our only non-drivetrain products.

dw

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
LOOnatic said:
I also figure that if evil\E-13 is too successful then they'll likely get bought up by somebody.
Well very true, that could happen and make DW a rich man :)

But........Evil with their bike frames and E.13 with their chainguides/reducers/stems/and pedals :D could stand developing new products for the street/dirt jump/downhill lines and before you know it E.13 will be on alot of companies bikes as stock parts. That'd give the guys some more $$$ as then they'd sell a hell of a lot of stems, or pedals, or chainguides. They got their hands in with alot of the companies with their chainguides, but once they become stock pieces like Iron Horse's line then you'll see some growth.

I like supporting the guys who make the parts, not some giant company, but there will come a time to expand OR stay small and have the entire market to themselfs. As long as they stay 1 step ahead of the game then they'll be in business for a long time. I just wish on my ride there was more Evil/E.13 stuff to put on besides the chainguide and chainring. I won't be switching to 1.5 headtube frame OR a boxxer so I can't use their other goodies.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
CBJ said:
DW why not push for a standard for direct mount stem so your stems could be used on not only Boxxers?
yes, that would be cool. goodluck on that one though...
besides i bet he already thought of that

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
Now E13 needs to come out with taller headset spacers with E13 logos to complete the look. I always keep extra steerer on an install.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Looks really nice. I have to check em out at eurobike, aswell as the Boxxer's it's made for. I might see some of you there. Would be fun.

Sverre

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
Looks way more user-friendly for adjustment compared to Marz stem that Bolts-on under the crown. I hate having to pull of my top crown to check my integrated stem's bolts. Frikkin' poor me.

Nice Stem!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Supa8 said:
Now E13 needs to come out with taller headset spacers with E13 logos to complete the look. I always keep extra steerer on an install.
I've got a 10mm Look cf spacer on my Shiver and it looks cool. Having a logo one would be even nicer.

Is Boxxer the official fork of Mad Catz? If so I wonder if that is why there is not a 888 or other Marz dirct-mount stem. Just a thought though, since RS doesn't make a stem than maybe it makes sense to start by offering a product where there is no market leader. Afterall, a Marz owner would have to get rid of somehting they already own whereas a Boxxer owner is much more likely to want to purchase a stem, assuming that the rider isn't installing an new form on an old bike. Now I am just typing what I am thinking and think that its time to go.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
LOOnatic said:
I also figure that if evil\E-13 is too successful then they'll likely get bought up by somebody.
What'd be the point of that? Evil without the people who work there now would go back to being just another bike company. If the company was worth that much, why wouldn't the owners just keep it the way it is and rake it in for themselves?

The whole reason evil/e13 are so popular is because the people there do stuff so well (design/engineering, sales, customer service, testing etc). Get rid of that and you've gotten rid of the success.