Quantcast

E13 DRS, price and availability???? wtf

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Ok,

So i call an LBS in LA, and they quote me 140$+tax for the DRS guide, my sis in law calls for the same thing (she lives there so she would get it for me) and she gets a quote of 160$+tax. WTF!!!!!!?????????? the MSRP is 149$. I am so pissed.

I wish i was there to resolve the matter as my sisinlaw knows nothing about bikes and bikeshops.

Anyhow i might get her to mailorder it for me from www.universalcycles.com.

Are they a reputable company?

Cheers
Yannis

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
I will definately do that, but basically i was checking on what is the normal practice on LBSes in USA , to shoot above the MSRP or what....

Fellow monkies always come first Mark. you know that. Mail order is the last resort. A friend is the first.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Basically i am asking coz in Europe, the MSRP is strictly the absolut maximum for a shop. And i was really surprised to see this.

Anyhow, props to MMcG for what he did for me.

Thanks man.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Normally you don't see stuff above MSRP here, but it depends on where you shop.

They are sweet guides and worth the price, even if its inflated in this case.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
IMO that is overpriced!!!!! the guides should go for no more than 149.95 that is there suggested price.....

I know that go-ride should have em at 124.95 maybe even 120......

I work at a small shop and we sell there guides for 124.95........

btw, most sizes are in stock at QBP so pretty much any shop in the states that deals with Quality which is pretty much everyone, should have access to this guide.......

edit: QBP does have them in stock, 5x110, 5x94, and 4x104 in stock.... 36t max...DRS

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Is MSRP not a suggested price? I don't know maybe things are different here, but msrp means almost nothing in the scheme of things here.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Go-ride is a great place to shop. I bought just about everything for my AS-X there. They'll treat you right, even if your sis who knows nothing about bikes calls up they'll figure out what you need and you'll get the right part the first time for a great price.