Quantcast

e13 guide with truvativ stylo gxp crankset

Scarpa

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Felton
I'm having trouble installing my e13 guide with the truvativ stylo single speed crankset. The BB is the gxp with external bearings. The problem is that the back plate doesn't fit over the bearings so I can't space it close enough to the frame.

It looks like I might have to take a dremel to the backplate to allow clearance but I don't want to do that yet. Both the guide and the crankest are OEM parts that came with my Chameleon.

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Hi Scarpa,
Just use the dremel tool to take a little material off the backplate. No big deal and won't hurt the guide a bit. There was a crossover in industry manufacturing practices and we had to scramble to adapt to the new external BB cups a while back. You just have one of the earlier backplates with a slightly smaller BB cup hole. Evrything else is the smae on the backplate, though.
Hope this helps.
Jonas

Scarpa

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Felton
Thanks for the info. It doesn't look like much needs to be taken off so I'm not too worried.

Great service you guys have! Never had a company respond to a message board post before, that's awesome!