Quantcast

E13 on New V10, Need some help.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Hey guys, i was hoping to get some help on setting up an SRS with diablos cranks on the new style v10. I called e13 to get some help but everyone was at interbike. If anyone is running this set up and could give me some hints i'd appreciate it. I just spent over an hour n a half of trial and error. Thanks.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I had this set up on my gemini DH before, which has a 63mm BB, the v10 is a 73mm, so i removed the silver spacers behind the BB cups. Now the spacing is off and my crainring crashes into the boomerang before i can get it tightened. I've tried a number of combinations with adding the silver spacers behind the BB and the small spacers on the crank, but i cant seem to get the chainring and bottom roller on the boomerang to line up. Theres so many different combos its hard to find the one thats right. I'd appreciate a boost in the right direction from those who have this set up.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
correct. usually with setting up these guides i find myself trying to space the chainring closer to the boomerang to line up the lower guide and the ring. Now i'm trying to space it out and i cant find the perfect comination.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I prolly can't help much either unless you can give more detail about your specific problem, but here's my set up for what it's worth:

* '05 V-10
* E-13 SRS
* 40 tooth Azonic
* V-Drive Extreme Cranks and some FSA BB, not sure about spindle length tho...
* From the BB shell, I got the silver chainguide bracket, 2 spacers (not the really thin ones), then the boomerang...At least, that's how I remember the setup...

Only issue I had was the chain ring bolts rubbing on the inside plastic plate, but that was due to the fact that the Azonic chain ring is thicker than the E-13 that they normally recommend...Filed down the inside of the plastic plate just a wee bit, and she was good to go...Chain line is spot on...

Hope that helps...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Remember on all E13 guids the spacing for your guide itself is not set from your BB you should set it back just how the BB came off the bike......youll need to match up the black spacer plates to your spindle leangth to get the right chain line... also on teh V10 there is a Bit of trimming youll have to do or itll make noise forever........ contact santa cruz they will tell you exactly were to cut at last time i set one up they faxed me a Picture was cake after that
________
Keisy

Last edited:

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Banshee Rider said:
The silver iscg place is facing groove-side out. I am not using washers.
by groove do you mean concave side? Cause I am pretty sure that should be facing in...

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
dhmtbj said:
by groove do you mean concave side? Cause I am pretty sure that should be facing in...
Thats not an option because of where the bottom link/pivot is. Basically, if the concave side is flipped in, it was crash into the pivot/link before the BB cup can be fully tightened. It it perfectly flush with the frame when the concave side is faced out tho.

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
Had the same problem with the e13 on the new v10 with saint cranks. Pissed around with it for a little while, and I could never get it right. Finally settled with something that didn't make a god awful amount of noise, and was decently lined up. I think I had a spacer between the iscg plate and bottom bracket. That's the only way it would come remotely close to working.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
hey theres a separate instruction set for the v10 on the e13 components page, try that first

as far as i can remember you have to use the silver adapter cupping outwards, and about 3 spacers between the spacer and each of the boomerang contact points.

i did a build thread on the v10 when i built one up last year, search for that, i put a pic of the chainguide setup there.