Quantcast

e13.......pondering

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
so after riding whistler today on my secret agent and hitting the dj park all afternoon/night (gotta love the 10:30 sun set here :)) the e13 micro drive and dura ace casset just are not cutting it, im spinning out way to much. i dont want to gain all the heft of the full srs system and was thinking i have a wonderful new lg1 w/ taco, a collection of deity sprokets in all sizes, a superspider and 34t and 36t guide ring and am wondering if the lg1 with taco would be able to take some sproket grinds and disasters??? big strizaight runs this set up but when i checked his taco at the teva mtn games and it looked un marred. please give me your thoughts

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I have no idea what you're talking about... but, I like tacos.

Yo, you need to come to so cal sometime and shred some gnar DJs with us.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
there's no reason it wouldn't work as long as you are landing correctly on the taco. it'll be close to as strong as a regular bash ring, but if you have a tendency to accidently slip a little, you'll completely trash your lg1. if you can do everything cleanly though, go for it.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
What I'm thinking is go with the taco. Maybe put a grind plate insert on the outside and screw it into the taco? would that work for a little while and then when its spent just replace it?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
If you're doing stalls on a taco you'll be putting a lot of force onto the boomerang and more importantly your ISCG tabs. On a DH bike, I think tacos are great because if you do hit something it's a moving impact rather than slamming all your weight straight down on it. I'd stick with a 32 Special or STS.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
well i cnsider my grinds and stalls t be pretty smooth, and this bike doesnt have isgs tabs, i just dont want a big bulky bash guard hangin off my bike. and cru im so down, just need to figure out how to ge down there

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Go for it then, just make sure to check for rotation of the guide and a messed up boomerang. Worst case scenario you ruin the boomerang.