Quantcast

E13 SRS pulley wheel replacement

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Does anyone know if the guide wheels for the E13 SRS can be replaced with something a little beefier? Maybe a derailleur pulley? I just broke my 2nd one. It's not completely broken but one side of it has split right through.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Acadian
no you can't. You need to get a replacement from E13.

just shoot them an e-mail, they'll take care of you.
Yeah, I alread bought a parts tree from them last time, I'm just looking for a more viable solution - maybe crazy glue :D

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
If your setup is dead-on nut, one roller should easily last you a season or two. If your alignment is off, the roller could get side-loaded and get a little messed up. Something else we've found is that certain weird-o chain lubes can chemically impact the roller as well. Most lubes from Finish Line, Pedros, White Lightening, etc. work totally fine, but we've found that there are a couple of lubes out there that cause some pre-mature wear on the parts.

Give us a call if you want to discuss. Please note that we just moved into a new, larger office, and our phones have changed.

Later,

John P.
e13

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Acadian, what chain lube do you use? I'm using the Prolink stuff and I'm wondering if this would fit into the "weird-o" category of lubes.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well then stop recommending that damn prolink stuff!!! lol

I switched over to it because so many people were talking about it. Now i've gotta pawn it off on some non-e13 heathen.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Dumonde Tech is great tho...I have to thank Stoney for that one. He's the one that hooked me on the stuff.
I don't know what volume you buy but you can get about a quart of the stuff for $7 at moto shops. That's easily a fourth of what the bike marketed stuff sells for and it's the same goo.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Well low and behold....since moving from Prolink to Dumonde Tech Lite, I've had no problems...and I'm riding more than before. :thumb:
Well, isn't that some funny shiet? I have been using Prolink and I have had to replace one of the pulley wheels because it cracked. I guess no more Prolink with my Evil guide.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Originally posted by ROCKLAND
I've had 3 rollers crack. I'm certain they were installed correctly. It's not the lube resulting in failures...
If that's the case, stop by our office (I noticed you're in Maine; we just moved to a new office in Portland near the Public Market) any time and I'll personally go over your bike from top to bottom and make sure everything's kosher. If I can't find anything wrong, I'll send you on your way with a lifetime supply of rollers . . . free.

--JP
e13
98 Preble St.
Portland, ME 04101
207-772-3132

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by kidwoo
I don't know what volume you buy but you can get about a quart of the stuff for $7 at moto shops. That's easily a fourth of what the bike marketed stuff sells for and it's the same goo.
So Dumonde Tech BHP Chain Oil in a pint container is the same stuff that I have in the little drop bottle?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Silver
So Dumonde Tech BHP Chain Oil in a pint container is the same stuff that I have in the little drop bottle?
White bottle with black letters? It looks the same, makes me dizzy just the same (same solvent) and behaves the same on my drivetrain as the stuff in the little clear bottles with white lettering I used to buy. I bought the family size last october and have been using it since. I can't tell the difference.

That's my science and I'm stickin to it.:thumb:

I haven't done a taste test though............:think:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
someone shoud e-mail them and ask:
www.hgnr.com
Oh yeah of course!

Our more expensive (insert product type) designed for bicycles is entirely different than the compound used in our motorcycle (insert product type). Confusing the two (insert product type) would result in total disaster!!! I mean would you use motorcycle assembly grease or motorcycle suspension fluid on a bicycle!!!??? Of course not!!! That's why we sell our highly specialized (insert product type) in smaller volumes specifically to bicycle dealers who truly know the difference!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ya the bottles at my bike shop (non lite) is indeed green.

Lite works better...collects less gunk!
Yeah but I can git me a real biggin of the regular fer less $$ at my local moto shop!!! I'm un amoreican and I needs me a bargain!!!

I just sent an email to dumonde tech asking them what the difference is (if any). I'll keep ya posted. The heavy definitely collects the northstar dust.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I talked to Michael at E13 and he is sending me a replacement roller.

Turner and E13 are two companies that stand out in my mind as companies that truly believe in customer service. You guys rule!