Quantcast

E13 TRS+ Cassette?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
11spd XD. Trash? Decent? The Helix thing is out of stock everywhere. Thinking of trying to get some more range for very slow snowbiking across mountain ranges next month.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
General consensus in my area is shifting isn't quite as crisp as Sram X01/XX1, but otherwise decent/good as long as it's properly lubed and assembled.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
11spd XD. Trash? Decent? The Helix thing is out of stock everywhere. Thinking of trying to get some more range for very slow snowbiking across mountain ranges next month.
The 1st gen had a major design flaw - the large cluster was alloy and the smallest cog wore out quickly. No experience with gen 2 but I am witching to SRAM cassettes next.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've read good and bad reviews of it, but have no personal experience.

What about? https://www.garbaruk.com/11-speed-xd.html?category=10
That's more than $50 more and most of the range is too large. Ideally 44t, but I'll take 46. Garbucks is 46 and up from there. I seriously doubt my derailleur will cover that range and I don't need that much with the front chainring I'm using. In general this is hopefully a "limited use" and I'm not wanting the cassette to put up with a bunch of summer riding, etc. Just have this option on this 350 mile trip and then have it set aside as a spare otherwise. It's usually after you order something though that a bunch of people come out of the woodwork and tell you that it's made from Wensleydale Cheese.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Shifting is ok, the large cogs are made of swiss cheesy alloy, I bent them on my first ride, the large rock I scooped might have done in any cassette potentially. The 130ish price tag on only the alloy replacement had me replace the entire cassette with low end sram because cheap. Crescent wrench bent the cogs back so it is a back up cassette. 42 is generally large enough for anything I ride in Georgia and Alabama.

The e13 bb tool (newer version only, old style diameter is too small to work on the cassette) definitely leaves something to be desired.

Probably going to get an x01 xg1195 when I need a new cassette.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Shifting is ok, the large cogs are made of swiss cheesy alloy, I bent them on my first ride, the large rock I scooped might have done in any cassette potentially. The 130ish price tag on only the alloy replacement had me replace the entire cassette with low end sram because cheap. Crescent wrench bent the cogs back so it is a back up cassette. 42 is generally large enough for anything I ride in Georgia and Alabama.

The e13 bb tool (newer version only, old style diameter is too small to work on the cassette) definitely leaves something to be desired.

Probably going to get an x01 xg1195 when I need a new cassette.
I have an XX1 ready. :wub:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Seemed to work well enough in the race today. I had to put a longer chain on (but had it in reserve and was planning on it) and extend the derailleur with the b-tension screw so the side of the cage wasn't rubbing on the higher gears, but it made every shift. Not as "smooth" as a SRAM X0 or XT/XTR cassette for sure, like under power, but solid positive shifts and no issues. I figured this would be a good trial by fire. The real purpose is to have more range if I take this wheelset on the Iditarod race.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I have the (checks notes) TRS plus steel body one, 9-46, single ally big ring, it is noisy as fuck for sure during a shift as the machined body is basically a steel bell but it works great, it’s pretty light, and, paint aside, the wear seems to be basically zero after 1600km e-kms.

Excuse the dirt...

6B1FCF26-6C39-4BE0-AEF1-0926EE2F24EF.jpeg