Quantcast

E47

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
All I know is that E47's land owner operates the non-profit (E47) on his own land to finance the building of housing development later on, and since he also gets government money to build and maintain (his) trails (and 300k asphalt pumptrack wtf!), I'm not sure on which side I stand.

I kind of got into an argument with (probably the owner) during the pandemic on Instagram when they raised they prices by like 50% and he stopped responding when I laid down some facts. Since then I haven't been there and don't plan to go. Good luck to them for their projects, but I don't support their way to do "business".

Edit : some comments on this thread can reveal their two-faced way to do business and their way to reply to people when they are faced to people "getting it":

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Maybe the publicity is not actually good for them?

Stupid question: how can a non-profit be a way to finance housing development?

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Sorry, English not being my first language, I did not word this correctly. I meant that they are using their company's land (Immeubles des Monts) and lease it to their non-profit (Empire 47), so indirectly writing off some of those expenses through some shady (in my opinion and at lack of a better word, but it’s legal) financial twist. That way they can use money from the non profit to inject in their for-profit business (that leases the land to E47).

I would not necessarly care if they said so transparently, but they always promote E47 as a way to help people go outside and promote healthy life habits, and get on the defense side when people talk about their other business, when in reality they are kind of operating a privately owned business through those profit/non-profit twists.

Most people don't care, but in my mind that's not very fair use of public funds, especially when they try to look like the savior giving people access to trails (for 25$/day).

It’s a great trail system, and it’s nice to have it around as many people love it, but I do have an issue with how they operate. I’m always open to have people say I’m wrong and explain it to me differently if I didn’t get this right.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Thank you for the clarification, that makes sense. You are right, that sounds shady!