Quantcast

~~early GMT pt. deux~~

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I haven't been riding much lately but knocked out an almost three hour ride which was weird, calves were spasaming pretty hard when I got home.
Then cooked a BBQ and drank a couple of beers.
4621495678117431614.jpg

-3654296907257535926.jpg

Days are numbered for the ol' pink rocket, new frame should be here in a couple of weeks.
Will be weird to be on a dually, haven't ridden one I've liked so here's hoping 110mm rear travel makes it tolerable.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

just had 75 minutes of snuggles with kids 2 and 3. Mostly kid 2.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
coffee. legs are a bit sore from dh, but not too bad. caught the tail end of hardline. breakfast burritos with tomato and jalapeno from the garden. more rain. might have to start mowing again. house chores today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Spent the first night out in the new camper. Water pressure sucks. Pump seems ok. It appears that the water was sitting in the tanks for a long time and I have an algae problem. Going to do a concentrated bleach TX. Other that that doing my EMT standby gig at a horse show for the day.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Went on a early morning road ride. Tired legs from yesterday. Then soccer game for youngest son. Been gardening rest of the day. Removing weeds and moving some plants around including a new bed for some of my fall flowering heathers.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, Sporty. Rode 86 miles on the tri bike this morning (17.9 mph). Felt better than I thought I would. I could have done without the three hours of light rain. The weather forecast said sunny. Assholes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Big milestone today, I got out and went grocery shopping. God damn the last two weeks have completely drained and wiped me out. Was thinking I could ride, but I'd probably barf and tip over on the first incline.

Now just chilling and listening to the cyclone in my abdomen.

A beer would be great right now, but not if it tastes like metal.

Positive thoughts.

I start a week of training tomorrow, lovely.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Welp, back to chorin'.

Saw that ride, it looked…’interesting’. Not very popular for reasons?
Correct. You can read the comments on teh Starva but here's the summary: Imagine the entrance to South Fooses, but it's three miles long, the rocks are quadruple the size, twice as deep, and there's no other trail surface.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Must be talkin' 'bout Sargent's Mesa?
Yeah.

Segment 16 of the CT (Marshal Pass to the high point of Sargent's Mesa) is superb, IMNSHO. Big Bend is the trail we came down on from Sargent's Mesa, with all the rocks. I'm keen on exploring some of the other trails on Sargent's, kinda hoping Tank Seven is slightly more palatable than Big Bend, because that would be a fantastic loop if it is. And honestly, Big Bend wasn’t terrible... it's just for a particular type of rider.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
what the heck is this nonsense. we're gonna need more details on those sammiches, my good man.
They was toasted bread with mayo on one side and mustard on the other slice. The toast was made crisp enough to cut up my gums as its eaten. On the mayo side was placed slices of dill pickle. Then came the layer of cheddar cheese, extra thick. Upon that was laid an entire Chrissy Sweet bell pepper, rinsed, cleaned out, and cut into a slab. The pepper was grown on a local organic farm. The slab of bell pepper was the base for the three pieces of deli ham which rounded out my ingredients. The mustard toast was placed on the ham. The whole sammich was then smashed as flat as possible.

Once the first was consumed another was constructed in exactly the same fashion and also crushed into small pieces which will be digested by my millions of little buddies.

Gluten free toast mind you. Gluten free everything.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Must be talkin' 'bout Sargent's Mesa?
The old sage amongst us has clearly been around the block a time or two.

As trucker said, the ride from Silver Creek to Sargents Mesa was a good old time. The first two thirds of Big Bend Trail not so much unless you're into that kind of thing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Backyard native garden bed finished. Next weekend: start baseboards.

Books for last CFP class got here Friday. So studying for Estate Planning now. Goal is mid-November to test for this. Have my capstone project afterwards, then I can start my test prep. March is a maybe. July is likely for CFP testing.