Quantcast

Earth Surrounded by Giant Fizzy Bubbles

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
fluff said:
The earth looks like some kind of hi-tech bug in that pic. What aperture did you use?
I thought that pic reminded me of the bad representation for hair removal products you see on TV.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
DRB said:
The bubbles expand to about 620 miles (1,000 kilometers) and probably last about 10 seconds before bursting and being replaced by the cooler, denser solar wind, Parks and his colleagues say.
George Parks was my thesis advisor.

Incidently similar bubbles are found in the Earth's ionosphere and are associated with plasma irregularities. These phenomena cause things like GPS scintillations and have taken down the WAAS system on multiple occasions.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
DamienC said:
George Parks was my thesis advisor.

Incidently similar bubbles are found in the Earth's ionosphere and are associated with plasma irregularities. These phenomena cause things like GPS scintillations and have taken down the WAAS system on multiple occasions.
Ow.....my head hurts now....

Heh...you said "scintillations"...heh..heh...

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
think bush can blame this on terrorism?

you know what, lets just blame bush for all our problems..LOOK WHAT THAT PRICK DID!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
This thread made me go to the store and buy a 12oz Porterhouse. Seriously.

Its now grilling. Mmmm. Porterhouse...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
GF has camera in San Jose :(

But it was nice and rare...best steak I've had in months....little bit of Montreal marinade, some wine, some vinegar, little S&P...well worth it. :thumb: