Quantcast

Earth to Biggins.......

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Brikos are good for one thing, going excessively fast coming down off Rabbit Ears Pass on a road bike. I think I hit 55 pedaling in a tuck. For that purpose, Brikos.
Hey, here's something completely off topic, I'm thinking of building a road DH bike. Small & long mtn suspension frame w/ suspension fork, drop bars, some 160 cranks w/ 58T ring w/ road tranny, disc, and (if I can find it) 24x2-2.5" slicks at like 70-90# air. May even go to a 20" front to get the front end down and steeper angles. It's strictly for tucking passes. I'd imagine, with fairings, it should get up to something like 70 or so. Humm... I wonder if that means balancing the wheels...? Know if anyone has tried something like this?

Edit: If I didn't wear a full face crotch rocket helmet, YES, I'd be wearing my Brikos w/ some other helmet on this bike :blah:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Pau11y said:
Brikos are good for one thing, going excessively fast coming down off Rabbit Ears Pass on a road bike. I think I hit 55 pedaling in a tuck. For that purpose, Brikos.
Hey, here's something completely off topic, I'm thinking of building a road DH bike. Small & long mtn suspension frame w/ suspension fork, drop bars, some 160 cranks w/ 58T ring w/ road tranny, disc, and (if I can find it) 24x2-2.5" slicks at like 70-90# air. May even go to a 20" front to get the front end down and steeper angles. It's strictly for tucking passes. I'd imagine, with fairings, it should get up to something like 70 or so. Humm... I wonder if that means balancing the wheels...? Know if anyone has tried something like this?

Edit: If I didn't wear a full face crotch rocket helmet, YES, I'd be wearing my Brikos w/ some other helmet on this bike :blah:

Good luck!

I'll donate the helmet cam.......

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
dude dont want to see you leave but man there isnt much here in nc for you so i would take it and we will throw you a going away party. ( i dont plan on remembering it if you know what i mean lol). so good luck with your decision i know its kinda hard. if you do leave we will miss and we got to ride #9 one last time man. :thumb:

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
SkaredShtles said:
Come on..... I've done over 50 on my mountain bike.... :rolleyes: :thumb:

-S.S.-
5% average grade is just not that steep. It makes me a bit nervous pedaling at those speeds so I kinda quit when I hit 55. My roadie started to have the speed shimmies too. On my mtb I've hit 45mph on that pass before I spun out. But, the Brikos were nice in that speed range. Any slower and they'd fog up like a sauna.