Quantcast

EASILY the best protein bar I've ever had

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Detour bars, manufactured by Next Proteins (same company that makes Designer Whey). Tastes like a Snickers. They taste SO DAMN GOOD. They are sold out a lot of places, so they are kind of hard to find right now.

290 calories, 80 from fat
21g carbs
32g protein
9g fat

Sure it has a lot of fat, but I still don't eat more than 50g fat in a day.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Heidi
What gave you that idea?
no wait nevermind, they didn't go under they were bought out a year or two ago. they pretty much stopped all n any sponsorship programs they had. and started to have bad business w/ most of the shops that dealt their product.....might as well went under......

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
They still do sponsorships though. :p
they must have just recently brought that back b/c last year they had already been obligated to sponsor this cyclocross race down here and we called em up to get whatever they were gonna send and they said that they knew nothing of it.......i liked their drink mix they have, taste good and works very well. i personally like e-caps products though. the sustained enegry mix that they make.....

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by indieboy
they must have just recently brought that back b/c last year they had already been obligated to sponsor this cyclocross race down here and we called em up to get whatever they were gonna send and they said that they knew nothing of it.......i liked their drink mix they have, taste good and works very well. i personally like e-caps products though. the sustained enegry mix that they make.....
Ecaps doesn't have a good during ride drink though. I like the Smartfuel drink for during rides, it is very subtle and refreshing. I even like there post ride drink. It's odd that I like any workout drinks so I'm happy to have found one.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Ecaps doesn't have a good during ride drink though. I like the Smartfuel drink for during rides, it is very subtle and refreshing. I even like there post ride drink. It's odd that I like any workout drinks so I'm happy to have found one.
like hell they don't!!! the sustained energy ROCKS.....

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i hate it.
that's ok just more on the market for me to swoop up :p but i'm like you i tend to like a lot of the enegry drinks i try. i just like the sustained enegry more then the other stuff i've had.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
I'm telling you guys, salmon shakes. Blend one up, you'll have copious amounts of protein as well as a wealth of omega 3 fatty acids. You can't say no to the omega 3 fatty acids!

If anybody is unsure as to what a salmon shake is, just ask for the recipie.

I've eschewed protein bars as of late. Instead, I'm eating 4 cans of tuna a day, a couple of whey protein scoops, and generous amounts of milk. I prefer to crack open a can of tuna than to chew on a cardboard protein bar. Mmmmm, tuna...

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
Originally posted by I Are Baboon

Detour bars, manufactured by Next Proteins (same company that makes Designer Whey). Tastes like a Snickers. They taste SO DAMN GOOD. They are sold out a lot of places, so they are kind of hard to find right now.

290 calories, 80 from fat
21g carbs
32g protein
9g fat

Sure it has a lot of fat, but I still don't eat more than 50g fat in a day.
Where can you get these bars?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Okay, I was a skeptic, but I tried Detour bars and I have to say...
THEY'RE INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike other carmel/nut protein bars, they really do taste like a Snickers. 32 grams of protein never tasted so indulgent!

Thanks for the tip I Are Baboon!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by RatFarmer
Okay, I was a skeptic, but I tried Detour bars and I have to say...
THEY'RE INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike other carmel/nut protein bars, they really do taste like a Snickers. 32 grams of protein never tasted so indulgent!

Thanks for the tip I Are Baboon!
You're welcome! :)

I don't think I can eat any other bar. These taste so much better than any other bar I have had.

BTW, Detour bars were independently tested by a lab (I am home right now and do not have the link, but I can add it tomorrow). The nutritional info on the package was almost exact, but there is a little more sugar and a few more calories (20 or so) than the label states. Still, the 32g protein are all there. The way I see, if you are counting calories, just cut those 20 calories from something else. It's worth it.