Quantcast

East Bay Jump Spots

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Does anyone know of any jump spots in the East Bay that are on the inland side of the Oakland hills? I live in Moraga and I'm looking for some very close spots to ride since I got the new bike. There are tons of individual little jumps, but I'm looking for a place that has at least a small set because I suck at getting rhythm right now. Recommendations?

mikeG

Chimp
Nov 14, 2004
Menlo Park, CA
I would try the Pleasanton jump park to get your bearings if you are a beginner to intermediate. If you are advanced Red Devils is a good choice.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm heading to the pleasanton one pretty soon, i'm about intermediate when riding sets because there are so few that i can ride near my house, but there are lots of jumps just kinda sitting around, so i'm pretty good at those. basically, i suck at getting a rhythm. i really want to find out how to find where shells and red devils are, the new work on shells looks nice and i haven't been there since i went with my friend a couple years ago so i can't remember where it is at all. i just know that i need to get to the edge of the bay, but that's about it, i was playing gameboy in the back of the car the rest of the time last time.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i'm heading to the pleasanton one pretty soon, i'm about intermediate when riding sets because there are so few that i can ride near my house, but there are lots of jumps just kinda sitting around, so i'm pretty good at those. basically, i suck at getting a rhythm. i really want to find out how to find where shells and red devils are, the new work on shells looks nice and i haven't been there since i went with my friend a couple years ago so i can't remember where it is at all. i just know that i need to get to the edge of the bay, but that's about it, i was playing gameboy in the back of the car the rest of the time last time.

be careful about riding shells in the winter. make sure it has been dry for more then a week before you go out there or it's gonna be wet most likely. also, make sure you respect what's there and be careful about not messing anyone's work up or getting hurt on it. you really should post something on MSDHW.com about this, there's a lot of locals on there that will tell you if shells is cool right now or not. i think Red Devil is gone...

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i know that shells isn't rideable right now, the rains would have left it pretty wet. i'm not going to ride there for awhile, i really want to wait until i know it is dry. as for msdhw, i registered, but i haven't gotten the confirmation email yet and i haven't been cleared to start using the site. looks like i'll just have to wait a little.