Votes: 83 72.2%
  • Judge

Votes: 32 27.8%

• Total voters

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm prolly gonna get a new bike this season and keep the RMX for FR Stuff. Its not the greatest DH bike in the world, but I still love it!

I'm thinking about an IH Elite, or a Canondal Judge DH replica. This is for mostly East coast stuff, Snowshoe, etc.

Any input?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I would get the Sunday over the C-dale for the East Coast stuff.
Or another great bike for you would be a new DHR sold to you for a great price by your chairlift buddy.:wave:

(sorry, that was Butchesque. :rofl: )

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Jeremy R said:
I would get the Sunday over the C-dale for the East Coast stuff.
Or another great bike for you would be a new DHR sold to you for a great price by your chairlift buddy.:wave:

(sorry, that was Butchesque. :rofl: )
It would be Butchesque if you mentioned that you accept payement through Credit Cards! :rofl: :trophy_br :rofl:

Dan

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Ohh,

And I would says either bike would work great, but I would think the Sunday could carry speed better and smoother then the Judge through the rough stuff. I have a small amount of ride time on mine so far but I am digging it.

Dan

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
rockymt21 said:
It would be Butchesque if you mentioned that you accept payement through Credit Cards! :rofl: :trophy_br :rofl:

Dan
Ha, he is currently gearing up for his food stamp program, and he will accept government cheese for various components.:dancing:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
This is RM- everyone is going to have to momentarily stop giving dome to dw in order to recommend the Sunday.

I haven't ridden either, but is there anyone here who has ridden both (on DH trails etc) and can give a fair assessment? Doubt it. That is all.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
JRogers said:
This is RM- everyone is going to have to momentarily stop giving dome to dw in order to recommend the Sunday.

I haven't ridden either, but is there anyone here who has ridden both (on DH trails etc) and can give a fair assessment? Doubt it. That is all.
Well for me, it is about geometry.
I have ridden the Sunday, and I liked it.
The Judge has a 64 degree head angle which is too slack for what I would want at places like Snowshoe, and it has a BB height that is almost an inch taller than the Sunday.
Also, the Judge is going to have a way higher center of gravity than a bike like the Sunday or the Demo just based on its design and shock location.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My Sunday works better for the rocky stuff here on the East Coast and I liked the 4 bar better than my 222 but I have as most everybody else no time on the Cannondale but I will agree with Jeremy that are more slack bike than the Sunday is not the way to go.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
zstyle_22 said:
Avoid the Joke (judge), go for the sunday. Given the choice I'd rather ride a tri-cycle than any of that Garbage.
This guy's a joke. Dont listen to him. You should go ride a tri-cycle...directly off a cliff, or into heavy traffic.

Get the Sunday.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
BigMike said:
I think this is the first time i've ever heard hate toward the Sunday :eek:
No hate, I haven't ridden it, just a whole lot of blind faith in the Sunday on RM. It's a trend on RM. People love the Sunday, Demo 8, and DHR, and people hate anything new or that looks slightly wierd.

"Well, that looks slightly like a Super 8, I bet it sucks. And Cannondales snapped all the time many years ago, don't get a new one. Shimano sucks too." - stereotypical RM e-spaculator

edit: my point being you can't expect to have a fair and balanced poll on RM when you're comparing the Sunday to something few have ridden.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
Jeremy R said:
Well for me, it is about geometry.
I have ridden the Sunday, and I liked it.
The Judge has a 64 degree head angle which is too slack for what I would want at places like Snowshoe, and it has a BB height that is almost an inch taller than the Sunday.
i vote judge for the same reasons you don't. at SS i want a high BB esp on trails like hairball and quickdraw. HA is a degree slacker on the judge, and i'll take all i can get. i love a slack bike when i'm going down. the judge also comes with nicer wheels and fork for non-racing, in my opion.
one other thing to look at, snowshoe is muddy. the sunday has 4 times the # of bearings that the judge has and 4 of them are perfectly located to catch grit. thats the one thing i don't like about vp/dw suspension designs.
disclamer: i have not riden the sunday and i rode the judge only in a parking lot. this is just my opion from looking at the websites and riding at snowshoe for the last few years.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it always seems like cannondale is constantly coming out with the latest and greatest. but in the long run it turns into an obsolete p.o.s.

because six mos. later they have an all new latest and greatest something or other.

they seem to be more into marketing hype than sticking with something for the long haul.

go with the iron horse,

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Mike. Coming from experience of riding SS a lot i'd go with the sunday or what jeremy suggested a DHR. Low CoG and fast. The bb being low is not that big of a deal i rode a few different bikes with lowwwwwwwww ass bb's this past summer and all of them were fine. Low and fast is the way to go!

zstyle_22

Monkey
Jan 1, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
AusRottenVirus said:
This guy's a joke. Dont listen to him. You should go ride a tri-cycle...directly off a cliff, or into heavy traffic.

Get the Sunday.
Hey man, stop acting like you know what you're talking about just 'cause your daddy owns a bike shop.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
spacemanspiff06 said:
i vote judge for the same reasons you don't. at SS i want a high BB esp on trails like hairball and quickdraw. HA is a degree slacker on the judge, and i'll take all i can get. i love a slack bike when i'm going down. the judge also comes with nicer wheels and fork for non-racing, in my opion.
one other thing to look at, snowshoe is muddy. the sunday has 4 times the # of bearings that the judge has and 4 of them are perfectly located to catch grit. thats the one thing i don't like about vp/dw suspension designs.
disclamer: i have not riden the sunday and i rode the judge only in a parking lot. this is just my opion from looking at the websites and riding at snowshoe for the last few years.
That's cool man.
That is why they make different bikes for different people.
Different geometries for racers and non racers etc.. etc...
My recommendation to Mike had to do with the fact that I knew
who he was and what he was going to be using the bike for.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Jeremy R said:
That's cool man.
That is why they make different bikes for different people.
Different geometries for racers and non racers etc.. etc...
My recommendation to Mike had to do with the fact that I knew
who he was and what he was going to be using the bike for.

Then you should recommend a Sherman tank...:think:

:p :D

The Sunday would certainly fit the bill....:thumb:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
:D It was a compliment on the aggressive style with which you ride, and that only the best will do...:)

:rolleyes:

:p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know you want the Sunday, I know you want the Sunday, Jeremy knows you want the Sunday, Woody knows you want the Sunday, Dart knows you want the Sunday, Dink knows you want the Sunday, Mobius knows you want the Sunday, Banche knows you want the Sunday, Denjen knows you want the Sunday, so there you have it.

:D

;)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:
You know you want the Sunday, I know you want the Sunday, Jeremy knows you want the Sunday, Woody knows you want the Sunday, Dart knows you want the Sunday, Dink knows you want the Sunday, Mobius knows you want the Sunday, Banche knows you want the Sunday, Denjen knows you want the Sunday, so there you have it.

Guess I want the Sunday then!:D

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
dhbuilder said:
it always seems like cannondale is constantly coming out with the latest and greatest. but in the long run it turns into an obsolete p.o.s.

because six mos. later they have an all new latest and greatest something or other.

they seem to be more into marketing hype than sticking with something for the long haul.

go with the iron horse,
You mean how they keep changing from single pivot to...single pivot? How is it they keep changing so dramatically? Evidence?
Or how iron horse changed from single pivot to a vp design? How about how vp's like to get loose and develop play and creak and wear out fast? I am looking forward to the day I can ride a Judge. My Gemini DH was the best DH bike I have ever ridden and I have ridden a lot of bikes. I do like the way the 303 rides but have not had any serious time on it. Demo 8-poop. Sunday? My friend Jim Mcneil likes his I think, I don't know, last i heard he didn't but I think he still has it, so he must by now. LIve and let live. It's good to give substansiated evidence as to why you like or dislike something. I would get the Judge because I loved my Gemini. That's it.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The geo on the Cannondale is exactly what I wouldn't want. Uber-slack, long ass chainstays, and a high CG.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
BigMike said:
Thanks for throwing in a bike I have no interest in, and that isnt one of the bikes I am looking at. :rolleyes:
And the award for biggest loser on RM goes to... *drum roll*

U.K for life!!! *applause*

aniki123

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
just a question.....ANYONE ACTUALLY RIDDEN THE JUDGE?
i own the judge it is so much better than the sunday the sunday is a great race bike but the suspension desighn fails if you jump on it also if you drop any thing over 30 ft the suspesnion buckles and you have to get the hole rear end replaced. the judge is a sick race bike and ok fr bike because it has more travel than the sunday also it is alot more stiff which is great for the rocky east coast resorts. i race elit/pro circut and i perfer the judge over the sunday for racing and freeriding

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
i own the judge it is so much better than the sunday the sunday is a great race bike but the suspension desighn fails if you jump on it also if you drop any thing over 30 ft the suspesnion buckles and you have to get the hole rear end replaced. the judge is a sick race bike and ok fr bike because it has more travel than the sunday also it is alot more stiff which is great for the rocky east coast resorts. i race elit/pro circut and i perfer the judge over the sunday for racing and freeriding
dude, please start looking at the dates of these threads that yer digging up.