Quantcast

east cost resort DH/FR mini-tour report (xpost)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Lucky bastages...I wish I could take a week off and do something like that. The good review of Diablo was understandable, having been there myself, but the Bromont review surprised me. I'll have to read up and learn more about that little corner of the world.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
llkoolkeg said:
Lucky bastages...I wish I could take a week off and do something like that. The good review of Diablo was understandable, having been there myself, but the Bromont review surprised me. I'll have to read up and learn more about that little corner of the world.
bromont really has a good variety. we saw all sorts of bikes from XC bikes to full on DH bikes. i rode my "trail bike" heckler (with 66 , DHX air, and DH tires) for pretty much the entire trip. i think they have designed the mountain around the idea of getting all bikers to ride with a combination of XC trails, DH trails that you have to pedal up to, to full on DH only trails.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Bromont, b for best.

Trail quality is unsurpassed in the East. Vert is short, but more than Diablo, which is a good close second to Bromont. Basically, Bromont: variety and rounded rocks. Diablo: little variety and lots of square rock gnarl, which I love.