Quantcast

East side West side

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Of Washington State anyways.

i decided for the Labor Day Weekend to get out of Dodge and visit family and make a return trip to the Kettle Crest Trails on the East side of the state, a healthy 5 hour drive away. i tried unsucessfully to get some Seattle area riders to make the journey, but i did manage to find 3 riders from the greater Spokane area. One of em is fellow monkey geargrrl, she's helped start up the local Spokane IMBA affiliate chapter http://www.fttrc.org/
It was great meeting everyone and we had a very fun ride. Next year i'll be posting this ride months ahead of schedule and trying to get people from both sides of the state together for a weekend of riding.

It was a great time, only one minor injury and we only got "a little" lost. i guess that's what we get for making me leader, i mean heck i'm the one who lives 350 miles away haha.

Well after the ride i drove home, got online and pondered going on another trail ride. This one was at Middle Fork Snoqualmie, a beatiful river XC trail very close to Seattle. WTA and Sierra Club had this trail shut down to Mt. Bikes for years and years, but due to the diligence and effort from members of the BBTC it's now open again.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129233

Anyways i poached this sucker years ago and i was very happy to have the opportunity to ride there legitamately. As were the other 23 riders that showed up for this group ride.:)

Man i'm pooped. :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ridetoofast said:
positively shocking i say...good thing im sitting down.

when are hotties ever single, much less a mtn bike hottie? :drool:
Single Mudhunnies is as hard to find as a cheap tank of gas. :monkey:

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
That Chelsea is a strong rider. When I rode with her at Banner she was complaining about lack of ride partners. I hope she's hooked up now. Great pics as usual!

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
Dave_Schuldt said:
That Chelsea is a strong rider. When I rode with her at Banner she was complaining about lack of ride partners. I hope she's hooked up now. Great pics as usual!
Yeh, shes hardcore xc. After the rest of us were dead tired at the parking lot she decided to climb up the road for fun. Although I probably scared off everyone with my out-of-control riding style. I only flew into one log that was in the trail :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks and DJP1 we'll see you there next year in July'ish. :cool:

Toshi said:
your panning shots came out nicely, skooks
Whaddya talkin about? There are mines in the area, but we never stopped to pan at any of the streams. :monkey:

ftlrider said:
Yeh, shes hardcore xc. After the rest of us were dead tired at the parking lot she decided to climb up the road for fun. Although I probably scared off everyone with my out-of-control riding style. I only flew into one log that was in the trail :)
Hey man it was good meeting up and riding with you. You were flying with ludicrous speed, only you should be more aware of fallen trees around blind corners. How's the leg? :D

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
damn that trail looks sick and thats in spocompton? hmmm new freshman girl whos loaded and lives in spokane?
me "hey you wanna pay for gas to drive to spokane for the weekend to meet yoiur mom and brothers?"
girl "wow your so sweet of course and ill buy your food and beer and stuff"
me under breath "im gonna ride the whole fn time"

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
odiwik said:
Where the hell did you find trees on the east side!?
Contrary to popular belief, there is more to Eastern Washington than desert. This ride was 2.5 hours north of Spokane but most of Spokane County has trees. There's even a rainforest in the Northeast corner of the state (the Salmo-Priest Wilderness).

For local riding I can hit Beacon for some FR (a 20 min. drive) or Mt. Spokane (a 30 min drive) which has lush forests and miles of good singletrack.

Skookum said:
You were flying with ludicrous speed, only you should be more aware of fallen trees around blind corners. How's the leg? :D
I blame it on the log. If only there had been a ramp built to jump the log :(