Quantcast

East Tenn. Riders

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
My team (Tennessee Dirt Racing) is going to start riding at the Bigfoot Mountain Bike Park in Knoxville on Wednesday nights. We will spend the evening riding the MTNx course, working on jumping, and just plain goofing off. ANYONE interesting in showing their skills or learning new ones come by and hangout for lots of fun.

Where: Bigfoot Mountain Bike Park on Joe Daniels Rd. just east of the Pellissippi Parkway and Oak Ridge Highway (TN 62) intersection in Solway.

When: Wednesday evenings 6:00pm until dark.

Who: Everyone no matter what you ride.

What: Must have a safety approved helemt.

Why: Fun

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Spoke80 and I rode out there lastnight and WOW is the new course fun and challenging. Saw two BMXer right when we were leaving.

I don't get it...they put on knee pads and arm pads but no helemt. :eek:

Not cool. One person gets hurt without a helemt and the county could shut us down. :angry:

radbradus

Chimp
Jul 10, 2004
bigfoot is such a great course - thanx to all the ironheads in ktown for constructing it and the maxxis pro himself , of course . it will be a while before i can get back to do a weds. night ride and hopefully i will be able to keep the rubber down on my next outing.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone involved in getting the MtnX course going. If I'd put the hours in Juan did and then have it rain before the finals I'd still be crying.
Can anyone clarify if points will count for this race? I was hearing that they won't. That would be a shame since some folks won't be able to make this weekend's race at ETSU.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'm glad everyone liked the course. I wish I could take more responsibility for the build, but it was really all Juan. We helped some but that guy can do a lot with a bobcat.

I don't know about points.

Mar 23, 2004
I still am crying I drove 12 hour one way to race mntx (which never have done before) and it gets rained out. It was a good time just riding such a awsome course though. Maybe I'll make it to the next race.

Eyesquad

Chimp
Jul 19, 2004
Yea, it's really amazing what Juan can do with a Bobcat with one flat tire. :) That course is great. I put some raking time in. I'll try to make a Wed night.