Quantcast

East Texas Riding

jeff

Chimp
Sep 19, 2004
Longview, Tx
I just moved to Longview (2 hours east of Dallas). Is there anywhere to ride in East Texas? I have been to Tyler State Park a few times for XC riding but looking for some dirt jumps or stunts.

I heard there was a skate park in Tyler, does anyone know if you can ride bikes there?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
For some more XC fun, head over to Shreveport to Eddie D Jones Park (also known as the Monkey Trail)...

Also, you might check into visiting Barnwell Park north of Longview for some DH/XC fun... I don't know if they allow bikes in there or not, but there are moto's and 4x4.

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
We've got DJ's in Houston, if your ever in town. Dallas/Ft.Worth is supposed to have some cool stuff, too.

jeff

Chimp
Sep 19, 2004
Longview, Tx
I have heard good things about the Monkey trail in Shreveport, will have to check it out sometime. I ride motos at Barnwell in Gilmer, might take the bicycle with me next time. There are some pretty nice drops and steep hills out there on some of the jeep trails.

Let me know if any of you guys live in the area and want to get together for a ride.

akaeasy_j

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
Frisco, TX
there are a few descent hucks and stair gaps at UT tyler campus

You a can ride bikes at the skate park, there use to be a dude in tyler, who rode a green p3, I think his last name was navatta or something like that who lived in tyler and had a buch of northshore type stuff on his land, maybe ask around and see if you can locate him

ez

jeff

Chimp
Sep 19, 2004
Longview, Tx
Thanks for the info on UT Tyler and the guy in Tyler who has the northshore style stunts. I will try to locate him.

Also, I have a few stunts and djs on my dad's land so if any of you guys local to this area want to ride, let me know.