Quantcast

Easter ride

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
aka Heather's Easter Mtn bike race

We were not allowed to use the normal course, so we had to use a different section of the park (less climbing, less tech, less singletrack). It's where they hold CX races in the fall. The course was short (2.5-3 miles). Most laps in 2 hours, if you go thru at 1:59 you are doing one more lap! And only 3 cats: open male, novice male, and female.

I had a pretty good race, had one hard fall and spent most of the race doing my best to keep up with my friend Bryna...shes one crazy fast chick!

oh and the temp, pretty cold (25 degrees)

lining up

Heather telling us, there's hidden eggs with prizes (choc bunny to beer to free races)

go!

Me leading the pack into the ST (pre riding does help! haha)

me again

splash

CX action!

Remember the bunk bed diver from Monkey fest? haha, its Don!

snow!

Art (1st place Male open)

Terry (2nd place male open)

me (3rd place Male open)

Bryna (#230) she kicked ass once again >1st place female & 4th overall

all the pics:

http://www.douglas1.com/images/EASTER_RACE/index.htm

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
hey douglas do all those people realize that there missing the other half to there fork.:pirate2:

ohh and nice shots by the way, and congrats on the placement.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Cute pics of Bryna and Terry, remind me not to ride with them this year, Doug! (they kick my ass...); and wassup with you on the FS?!?!??!?!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Cute pics of Bryna and Terry, remind me not to ride with them this year, Doug! (they kick my ass...); and wassup with you on the FS?!?!??!?!
I did a preride on the rigid SS and the course was just way too flat for my gearing, so I decided to go we the geared rig instead ( I spent 95% of the race in the big ring)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
nice job douglas!

that race sounds kinda like an easter version of the Punk Bike enduro!

looks like a fun bunch of folks. Don looks better than the first time I saw him riding, when he was wearing a wet suit looking thing, and was taking a nap at every break as he sweated out bourbon and beer! :rofl:

:thumb:

powernapper

Chimp
Jul 23, 2006
UpState NY
nice job douglas!

that race sounds kinda like an easter version of the Punk Bike enduro!

looks like a fun bunch of folks. Don looks better than the first time I saw him riding, when he was wearing a wet suit looking thing, and was taking a nap at every break as he sweated out bourbon and beer! :rofl:

:thumb:
For the record... those were power naps.