Quantcast

Eastern Canada Trip

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Photo dump and random notes from my trip out east for a wedding and random riding...

So far, starting last Thursday night, I have driven from Toronto to Nova Scotia, then to PEI, back to Nova Scotia and now I have settled in Saint-Raymond, Quebec for a few days of riding. Then will I will head back home.

I planned on riding a few spots in Nova Scotia, but didn't hear from dudes here on teh RM (??) and there was just not enough time.

Trip so far can be summed in these photos..

Near Quebec/New Brunswick border. Huge valley with a lake on the left, big hills in the distance and part of the valley filled with clouds. Awesome sight.

Power napped in Quebec somewhere and then got blinded by the rising sun for a few hours. Awesome.

Riding around some random spots where we stayed in Nova Scotia on the coast.

Emo, having a moment.

Rox on low tide.

Deer, perhaps Moose semen.

Then a wedding happened on the coast.

Creepin'

Then beer happened..We stopped here because my buddy shit his pants trying to release a fart in the back of the truck. Good times.

Said pant pooper.

PEI. I'd probably seriously consider moving here, if they had bike trails.

Back in Quebec and Vallee Nord-Du-Bras. The fun begins..

Day two of real biking tomorrow....

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
Nice photos. Looks like you found your way around ok at VBN. Neilson... how'd you like that? It's quite sporty at times. Lots of smooth, swervy berms at St Raymond.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nice photos. Looks like you found your way around ok at VBN. Neilson... how'd you like that? It's quite sporty at times. Lots of smooth, swervy berms at St Raymond.
Neilson was amazing. I loved all of it and it was a lot of fun to ride. Nothing like it back home.

I'm going back tomorrow to do more trails. I'd like to fo Neilson again, but it's a long climb out there. Maybe if I bring more food...

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
There's probably not many trails like the Neilson. A lot of work into that. yup, fun to ride.
Did you ride some other trails today? avoid the rain?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@bigwheel yeah Neilson was just great, not sure how else to put it. I could tell they spent a lot of money and a ton of man hours building the trail. Some parts of it blew my mind, considering how remote the trail is and everything. That trail alone will have me back and I'll do my best to bring more people.

Yesterday unfortunately I didn't get to do any biking. It rained from the time I got up, right up until I went to bed. Not a single person was out biking today, from what I could see at the motel. I didn't want to be a dick and risk putting tire marks on the trails, so I didn't even bother asking if they were open.