Quantcast

Eastern Cup Series Race #2 - Mount Snow - June 5-6, 2010

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Glad to hear they stepped up and made some course changes. Less than 70 entrants for the whole weekend though... I think it might be too little too late. They need to pull something real good out to get that place rocking again.

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
Glad to hear they stepped up and made some course changes. Less than 70 entrants for the whole weekend though... I think it might be too little too late. They need to pull something real good out to get that place rocking again.
Yeah...I was a little disappointed that there were only 70 riders. I was the only one in my class actually and that's never happened to me before. It was a busy weekend in the northeast though and there are only so many riders to go around. They have to stop using that first section in the woods with all the roots and pedaling though...it's horrible. I still had a lot of fun...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
there were only maybe 50-60 at Blue. I figured more people were gonna be at Snow.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Had a better time than I expected, actually (cue the SNL theme song 'Lowered Expectations'). Big Ups to Voodoohoo for a set of mud tires! I wish I had put them on the day beforehand - they helped me carry more speed than what I was used to in the 1st rooty section and ended up dumping it a couple of times.

The only - feedback (and maybe this should be in the Mt. Snow section?) is that if you are going to use fresh cut trails on a race/rainy weekend, then it would be best to both bench cut any side slopes down to the mineral soil and then pack it. Those parts were wacky all weekend - always shifted due to the combo of rain and loose loam. and in the end it was a wide open mess - not good for long term trail prospects.

Last edited: