Quantcast

eastern lowdown dirt jump or street bmx or race??

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I was just wondering if a eastern lowdown was a street, dirt,or race BMX?? help would be great!
geometry wise, you could ride anything on it. but, it's not "designed for" racing in the sense that it's about 4 or 5 pounds heavier than a typical race bike, and it has 990 brakes instead of cantilevers. neither one of those is really a big deal--you could still learn to race on it.

as for street, i can't tell from the pictures but the key with street is you need wheels that either have oversize 14mm axles, especially in the back, or high quality 3/8" axles. a low-end 3/8" axle will bend and strip when you do grinds.

as for dirt jumping, it should be fine.

it's an okay but-not-great entry level bike. you can get a better complete for the money, like a DK. spend a little bit more and get a complete KINK or FIT.

"Hi-Ten" means hi-tensile steel, which is better than walmart bike steel but not as good as 4130 chromoly steel which all higher end bmx's have. Some bikes will have some of the frame's tube be chromoly and the rest hi-ten. (I think that's what DK's do).

Hi-ten Frame
Eastern hi-ten fork
7.5" bars
Aheadset
Loose ball American BB
43T sprocket
36-hole wheelset
Colors: Black or Red
19.75 Toptube
1pc chromoly cranks
Eastern skull grips, New Bird pegs, Pinner seat, Forged Alloy Front Load with E Logo stem and Welgo DX style pedals
weight 27.46 lbs. (Without pegs)
$215.00