Quantcast

Eastern Night train wheels

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Does anyone have any experience on these. Im in need of a new build for next year and haven't really heard much about them.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
They are light and stiff, I rode a set a couple months ago. I would compare them to my DT 540's. Lots of different colors too. Eastern has been stepping up their game for 26 lately, they completely redesigned the Nightrain frame, and are coming out with 2 and 3" rise chromo bars, as well as some tires.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I ride an STP which is am in absolute love with but Ive been playing with some lighter wheel possibilities and this was just one of them. Just started to DJ and want to know how they could hold up. Pretty cheap since they are also doing that warranty program.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I ride an STP which is am in absolute love with but Ive been playing with some lighter wheel possibilities and this was just one of them. Just started to DJ and want to know how they could hold up. Pretty cheap since they are also doing that warranty program.
IMHO, You can't go wrong with Eastern product, they make great product and stand behind it if it breaks. In my experience with them, warranty issues were cake; down to a simple squeaky bottom bracket, they gave me a brand new one without question. It worst you hate them, get them warrantied and sell the brand new set.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Save yourself!! Get a superco, diety, blk mrkt, or union.
last time I checked none of those companies make wheels:rolleyes:

last I heard a couple years ago, the eastern complete wheels where on the junk-ish side of wheels, but where very inexpensive.

Now they have to be a least something decent with their improvements, and the warranty makes it almost a no brainer.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Im going to send in a pair for their warranty program and ill review them after a little use. Im still getting the hang of this DJ stuff. Hopefully not too many more nut shots before I can get the bike under me.