Quantcast

Eastern States Cup #8 - Mount Snow - USAC Vermont State Championship Finals

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Eastern States Cup Race #8 and the USA Cycling Vermont State Championship Finals
At
Mount Snow August 20-21, 2011

The Eastern States Cup Downhill Regional Championship Mountain Bike Race Series visits Vermont and Mount Snow for the final time in 2011. The August 21st race will be the fourth and final race of the USA Cycling Vermont State Downhill Championships and the eighth ESC event of 2011. Mount Snow in West Dover, VT and Killington Resort, VT held the first three exciting Vermont Championship races. This race will determine the State Champions and count towards the USAC Regional Championship. Mount Snow has held numerous NORBA, World Cup and National Championship events in the past and is a founding member of the Eastern States Cup Series.

The Vermont stops of the ESC’s 2011 season have been very successful, hosting about 130 races at each event. The first ESC race of the season was held at Mount Snow back in May. The series finals will be held at Plattekill Bike Park, NY on October 9th. In between the series will have races at Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid, NY and at Plattekill on Labor Day weekend.

This race will be contested on a combination of the first two ESC race courses at Mount Snow and a new section that will connect them. Mount Snow has done a great job on their ESC race tracks this year and this one looks to be a good one too.. The course will feature fast open and rocky ski trails, jumps, berms and technical tight woods sections that are steep and root filled. Please bring the families and friends for a great weekend watching and cheering for all the Mountain Bike Downhill Racers. Better yet rent a DH bike or bring their bikes and introduce them to the sport.

Please visit www.easternstatescup.com for past results, series standings and most importantly the current Vermont State Championship Standings. Please remember that you have to be at this race to qualify for the Vermont State Championships..

The Nema Team Challenge is getting exciting as teams from all over the east coast are battling it out for the $1000 cash purse. The ESC pro racers are competing for a maximum $1200 cash purse per race. The ESC continues to bring the Northeast Downhill racers an affordable, competitive and fun series at seven venues with varying terrain.​
2011 EASTERN STATES CUP SCHEDULE
6/4 – 6/5 Mt Snow. VT
6/11 – 6/12 Pats Peak. NH
6/18 – 6/19 Attitash, NH
7/2 – 7/3 Plattekill. NY
7/16 – 7/17 Mt Snow. VT
7/23 – 7/24 Plattekill. NY
7/30 – 7/31 Killington VT
8/20 – 8/21 Mt Snow. VT
9/3 – 9/4 Plattekill. NY
9/10 – 9/11 Whiteface, NY
10/8 – 10/9 FINALS Plattekill. NY

Race Entry
Pro Men & Women $ 75.00
Categories 1,2 & 3 $ 65.00
Includes Lift Tickets for Both Saturday and Sunday.
$1200.00 Maximum Pro Purse
Product Prizes provided by Mount Snow Sponsors: Kenda Tire, Camelback, Smith Optics and Contour.

Saturday August 20, 2011
On-Site Registration 9am - 2pm
Course Practice 10am - 4:00pm

Sunday August 21, 2011
On-Site Registration 8am - 9:30am
Course Practice 9am – 10:30am
Race 11:00

Mount Snow visit www.mountsnow.com and
The Eastern States Cup Series at www.easternstatescup.com
Photos: Matt Delorme

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
And congrats to all those involved in putting together a great event! One of the funnest race weekends I've had in quite awhile. Really loved the track and how much effort was clearly put in.

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
I second that! even though my race run was less than "fast", I loved that course! can't wait to see more trails like that on the mountain!

And congrats to all those involved in putting together a great event! One of the funnest race weekends I've had in quite awhile. Really loved the track and how much effort was clearly put in.