Quantcast

eastern traildigger 26?

cully

Chimp
Jun 1, 2007
This is a crazy looking bike basically a 26in cruiser with modern geometry. sorry if this has been posted before but I never noticed it.

also anyone got specs on the 2008 nighttrain or the 2008 thunderbird, what are the differences?

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Yeah, those things are kinda crazy looking. Kinda rad, too. Satori had a post about 'em, but it was mostly about the 24" version. We were hoping the 24 would finally be the answer to what some of us have been looking for in the freestyle cruiser department. Our biggest beef with it was that it's not full chromo. Here's the 24...

cully

Chimp
Jun 1, 2007
correct me if I'm wrong but I think all eastern stuff is available in the US especially since they're based in NC.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
correct me if I'm wrong but I think all eastern stuff is available in the US especially since they're based in NC.
yes that would make sense. i wasn't sure though because these bikes were originally discovered on some site based out of New Zealand unless i'm mistaken. but, after a quick look at easterns BMX site, they are now added to the line up. i'm hoping we will see these for sale soon. maybe i'll end up with one..although i'd probably end up needing to upgrade most of the parts. my friend had an 07 traildigger (20" obviously) and it was actually a solid bike from the start, but it needed some upgrades over the first few months. the frame was heavy but not horrible. mite have to think about this

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, unfortunately they are on the same bottom level as their "Traildigger" 20"ers. non-sealed, not full chromo. Still might be fun though if the geo. is half decent, or at least shorter out back than the current crop of lower class dj cruisers retrofitted with race geometry.

I did post a brief thread about this a few weeks ago though:
Eastern Traildigger cruisers
(Look at the "Similar Threads" box at the bottom of your screen too. ;))

They are already for sale in Australia, so even though Eastern is an American based company, not all products are actually sold within the US at the same time apparantly.

This info isn't found on Eastern26.com as far as I know now, only on their bmx site, which I thought was a bit odd, could go either way I guess.

rowlands

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
heres what i got off the site

http://www.easternbikes.com/a/products/completes/2008 Completes/HTML/2008TD26.html

Were you born with freakishly long legs? No, no-don’t join the circus, get an Eastern Traildigger 26. This bike has the “out of this world” quality that you’ve come to expect from Eastern. We’re talking about the new Raptor Cranks, a One-Piece Chromoly Driver, and our New Pinner Seat. What else do you need?? Get out there and hit the trails-or the Quickie mart….which ever you prefer.
Chromoly downtube
100% chromoly fork
Toptube: 21.75"
Chainstay length: 15.5"
BB height is approx. 13"
Internal headset
Integrated seat clamp
Eastern Raptor 3 piece chromoly cranks
Eastern Rib grips
BiRectional hub with 12T driver
Double walled rear rim
Weight: 29 pounds
Colors: Black, White or Orange

and 24

http://www.easternbikes.com/a/products/completes/2008 Completes/HTML/2008TD24.html

Everybody in the world knows about the quality and value that comes with the “Traildigger” name-even your momma. Well, we may not have told her about it but man does she need to know! The Traildigger 24 has a Chromoly top and down tube, our brand-new Raptor Cranks and a 9-tooth hub that’s (do you freakin’ believe this?) convertible from right-hand to left-hand drive without any extra parts! If you’re a taller guy or if you just don’t feel right on a BMX bike-go try out the 2008 Eastern Traildigger 24. You’ll be glad you did.
Chromoly downtube
Chromoly fork
Toptube 21.6"
Internal headset
Integrated seat clamp
Eastern Raptor 3 piece chromoly cranks
Eastern Rib grips
BiRectional hub with 10T driver
Double walled rear rim
Weight: 29 pounds
Colors: Black, White or Orange

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I know they are waiting for a big shipment from Taiwan, it should be here the end of the month. Jenson usa . com the '07 night trains for $899 right now (different geo than '08). My Black Betty frame is supposed to be identical geo to the night trains, sub 15" chainstay should be fun. So I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.

cully

Chimp
Jun 1, 2007
what's the difference between the nighttrain thunderbird and black betty? black betty is just a fame? are they all the same frame?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
NightTrain appears to be 1" longer than the Thunderbird....

15.3" stays !!

-

FRAME: Eastern NightTrain 26", Full Crmo, Spanish BB, Internal Headset, Removable Gyro Tab Holes (even though no gyro).

SIZES: 23.5" T/T, 15.35 chainstay, 72 degree headangle

FORK: RockShox Argyle 318, 80mm, 20mm thru

HEADSET: Internal Headset

CRANK SET/ CHAINWHEEL: Eastern Stealth Crank/ Medusa Light 25t Sproket

BB-SET: Eastern Spanish BB

HANDLEBAR: Eastern Chromo 1.6t

STEM: Eastern Choker

GRIP: Eastern Rib Grips

HUB FRONT: Sealed Bearing 32H , with disc mount, 20 MM axle

HUB REAR: Eastern MTB single speed cassette hub 135mm, 14mm axle, 36H, 12t one piece driver, with disc hub mt.

RIM: WTB Laserdisc FR, 32h, anodized Black, 585g

SPOKES: 2.0mm Stainless steel 14G UCP, black, with brass nipples

FRONT TIRE: Kenda Small Block 8, 26x2.35

REAR TIRE: Kenda NPJ 1052, 26x2.10

REAR BRAKE: Avid Juicy 3, 6" Rotor

BRAKE LEVER: Avid Juicy 3

CASSETTE: 1 Piece 12T Driver, 6 paw

CHAIN: KMC 510HX

SADDLE: Eastern Pinner

SEAT POST: Eastern Aluminum

SEAT POST CLAMP: Intergrated

PEGS: 1 pair Eastern Byrd Pegs

PEDALS: Eastern Dual-Concave Pedals, loose ball bearing

COLORS: White or Black

-----------------------------------

THUNDERBIRD

FRAME: Full Chromoly, Spanish BB, Internal Headset, Removable Gyro Tab Holes(even though no gyro)

SIZES: 22.5" T/T, 15.35" chainstay, 72 degree headangle

FORK: RST Space Free, Coil Spring/MCU, 80mm, Crmo Steerer

CRANK SET/ CHAINWHEEL: Eastern Raptor Cranks, 175MM with Eastern 25T Medusa Lite Sprocket

HANDLEBAR: Eastern Steel 2.0t

HUB FRONT: Eastern Sealed Bearing 32H , with Disc Mount, 20 MM axle

HUB REAR: Eastern MTB LB-9 single speed cassette hub 135mm, 14mm axle, 36H, 12t driver, with disc hub mt.

RIM: Wienmann HL32, Kinlin BM25

REAR TIRE:Kenda NPJ 1052, 26x2.10

REAR BRAKE: Winzip disc 6" rotor

BRAKE LEVER: Tektro ML-570

SEAT POST: Straight

SEAT POST CLAMP: Integrated

PEGS: 1 pair Eastern Byrd pegs

PEDALS: Wellgo LU 313, Molded Pin

COLORS: Light Blue or Black

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
I just both of them at a local shop here. They look pretty cool at $450.00. Too low profile for me and it at least tri moly would be nice though.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
NightTrain appears to be 1" longer than the Thunderbird....

15.3" stays !!

-

FRAME: Eastern NightTrain 26", Full Crmo, Spanish BB, Internal Headset, Removable Gyro Tab Holes (even though no gyro).

SIZES: 23.5" T/T, 15.35 chainstay, 72 degree headangle

FORK: RockShox Argyle 318, 80mm, 20mm thru

CRANK SET/ CHAINWHEEL: Eastern Stealth Crank/ Medusa Light 25t Sproket

HANDLEBAR: Eastern Chromo 1.6t

HUB FRONT: Sealed Bearing 32H , with disc mount, 20 MM axle

HUB REAR: Eastern MTB single speed cassette hub 135mm, 14mm axle, 36H, 12t one piece driver, with disc hub mt.

RIM: WTB Laserdisc FR, 32h, anodized Black, 585g

REAR TIRE: Kenda NPJ 1052, 26x2.10

REAR BRAKE: Avid Juicy 3, 6" Rotor

BRAKE LEVER: Avid Juicy 3

SEAT POST: Eastern Aluminum

SEAT POST CLAMP: Intergrated

PEGS: 1 pair Eastern Byrd Pegs

PEDALS: Eastern Dual-Concave Pedals, loose ball bearing

COLORS: White or Black

-----------------------------------

THUNDERBIRD

FRAME: Full Chromoly, Spanish BB, Internal Headset, Removable Gyro Tab Holes(even though no gyro)

SIZES: 22.5" T/T, 15.35" chainstay, 72 degree headangle

FORK: RST Space Free, Coil Spring/MCU, 80mm, Crmo Steerer

CRANK SET/ CHAINWHEEL: Eastern Raptor Cranks, 175MM with Eastern 25T Medusa Lite Sprocket

HANDLEBAR: Eastern Steel 2.0t

HUB FRONT: Eastern Sealed Bearing 32H , with Disc Mount, 20 MM axle

HUB REAR: Eastern MTB LB-9 single speed cassette hub 135mm, 14mm axle, 36H, 12t driver, with disc hub mt.

RIM: Wienmann HL32, Kinlin BM25

REAR TIRE:Kenda NPJ 1052, 26x2.10

REAR BRAKE: Winzip disc 6" rotor

BRAKE LEVER: Tektro ML-570

SEAT POST: Straight

SEAT POST CLAMP: Integrated

PEGS: 1 pair Eastern Byrd pegs

PEDALS: Wellgo LU 313, Molded Pin

COLORS: Light Blue or Black

Is this the Australian spec. ? Just wondering because I've seen quite a few factory pictures of Eastern26's, and most of them had the Kenda NPJ 2.1 on there... But I've never seen an Eastern26 in the US spec'ed with that tire yet. That tire hasn't been made available in the US, neither aftermarket or oem.

newrider3

Monkey
Oct 13, 2007
Colorado
Just saw the Traildigger 24 on Dan's. They seem to have marked it down quite a bit from what the original site posted about it said, it is only $350.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
This is a crazy looking bike basically a 26in cruiser with modern geometry. sorry if this has been posted before but I never noticed it.

also anyone got specs on the 2008 nighttrain or the 2008 thunderbird, what are the differences?
i rode an eastern traildigger 26 and it felt koooky. bars too low. bb too high. front end too short (toes hitting front tire in normal riding, not just x-ups).

i really wanted to be down with it. but no way would i ride that bike--at least in the stock setup.