Quantcast

Eastern Traildigger cruisers...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Is this it?
Could these be the answer to those who have been wanting a cruiser with this short steep new-wave geometry?
Looks like some super short chainstays to me, no subrosa/general lee competition here, they look like another level to me...

Click the Linky

No suspension forks here. Only hi-five risers. ;)

sorry, no pics, I'm surfin' on a phone-line.

jjchgo

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
looks very good. i might have put my current cruiser project on hold for one.

cheers,

jj

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That's what I'm talking about. It'd be interesting to see the geo. Too bad I just bought a new bike. The reflectors make me laugh.

The 2six is kind of crazy looking. The big wheels look so goofy when it's in bmx form.

I love the eastern integrated seat clamp. Too bad you can't really slam the seat on those.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I saw this over on Matchvideozine.com
yeah, that's cool too, but that's a Thunderbird (stock geo. for susp. fork), not the same as these Traildiggers above, as far as I know...

and I know what you mean about the clamps Cru, still smooth looking, and gotta be light, but as far as slammability, not much point.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
vid link, above bike in action... dirt quarter/bank to wall looks fun

those new eastern 26 (thunderbird) frames look dope as well as that 24 traildigger

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
I'm guessing one of those guys is Haley 'cause that's his car behind them.

Joe Haley is SICK!

newrider3

Monkey
Oct 13, 2007
Colorado
Everybody in the world knows about the quality and value that comes with the “Traildigger” name-even your momma. Well, we may not have told her about it but man does she need to know! The Traildigger 24 has a Chromoly top and down tube, our brand-new Raptor Cranks and a 9-tooth hub that’s (do you freakin’ believe this?) convertible from right-hand to left-hand drive without any extra parts! If you’re a taller guy or if you just don’t feel right on a BMX bike-go try out the 2008 Eastern Traildigger 24. You’ll be glad you did.

* Chromoly downtube
* Chromoly fork
* Toptube 21.6"
* Internal headset
* Integrated seat clamp
* Eastern Raptor 3 piece chromoly cranks
* Eastern Rib grips
* BiRectional hub with 10T driver
* Double walled rear rim
* Weight: 29 pounds
* Colors: Black, White or Orange
Two tubes cromo, and from what I've seen on their page, only the completes like the Jane and better have sealed hubs. I'm not sure whether the "Raptor" cranks are sealed or not.
Edit: Damn, I just noticed the pricetag. You could get a General Lee and upgrade parts, and have full crmo for way less than that!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Two tubes cromo, and from what I've seen on their page, only the completes like the Jane and better have sealed hubs. I'm not sure whether the "Raptor" cranks are sealed or not.
Edit: Damn, I just noticed the pricetag. You could get a General Lee and upgrade parts, and have full crmo for way less than that!
Thanks for that info, appreciate it...
am I just an idiot and that was listed on thier bmx site or what? I searched their 26 site and it was still all the same old stuff...

I guess I should have tied the "traildigger" name to their 20in lower-end completes, forgot about those... somewhat disappointing here.
The price really is pretty blown out of proportion, just for larger diameter rims.
...apparantly I was expecting too much.
I wonder if the geometry is better than the general lee though?

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
These bikes are definitely sick, and for the price, it's a good buy. Their site eastern26.com has new info/photos on the traildigger that just went up today. I have been stoked on this company since I knew Leigh was doing MTB ****. I have been patiently waiting for their new frame (which I have had back ordered for months) the Black Betty to come out.

They are one of the best bike companies out right now. Quality, light weight and affordable innovative bike parts, you can't ask for too much more in a company.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Anyone know what the cs length is ? It looks short in the photo....

Everybody in the world knows about the quality and value that comes with the “Traildigger” name-even your momma. Well, we may not have told her about it but man does she need to know! The Traildigger 24 has a Chromoly top and down tube, our brand-new Raptor Cranks and a 10-tooth! If you’re a taller guy or if you just don’t feel right on a BMX bike-go try out the 2008 Eastern Traildigger 24. You’ll be glad you did.

Chromoly downtube
Chromoly fork
Toptube 21.6"
Internal headset
Integrated seat clamp
Eastern Raptor 3 piece chromoly cranks
Eastern Rib grips
LB-9 hub with 10T driver
Double walled rear rim
Weight: 29 pounds
Colors: Black, White or Orange

UrbanJunkie

Chimp
Aug 2, 2009
hey peps, zakk hea.
i was on hea to ask the question about the "traildigger 24"" bike i have always asked myself....

is it possible to install a front shock absorber, or disk brakes or anything like that?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
hey peps, zakk hea.
i was on hea to ask the question about the "traildigger 24"" bike i have always asked myself....

is it possible to install a front shock absorber, or disk brakes or anything like that?
Nope, there's no room for the fork travel. It ****s up the geometry of the frame. I had a nice Gen Lee and sold it due to the lack of a fork. It was fun, but it was just too rough.

I am building a DMR Rhythm now. It's a 24 specific frame made for a sus fork. Also has horz dropouts. It's gonna be nice. The custom wheels were expensive though.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
A kid I know owns a 26" trail digger. I own a eastern night train. Night train as far as geometry kills it. I really really don't like the geometry of the trail digger. It has a hard manual point to find, it feels wierd when you are jumping.

It feels really weird to jump it too, and if you have bigger than size 9 1/2 feet, the tires hit your feet on x-ups and barspins.

On my night train and bmx bikes all that you have to do is flow with the trail, even if you are boosting stuff. On the trail digger it is weird, it feels like a bmx race bike that want's to stayed glued. You have to ride the bike high into the jump (arms closer to parallel with the fork, then quickly pop off at the end.

Don't buy the trail digger, if you are new and deciding whether you like riding, maybe, well never mind, it might make you not like riding. Get a bmx, or if you can pony up the dough, something like a thunder bird.

UrbanJunkie

Chimp
Aug 2, 2009
Nope, there's no room for the fork travel. It ****s up the geometry of the frame. I had a nice Gen Lee and sold it due to the lack of a fork. It was fun, but it was just too rough.

I am building a DMR Rhythm now. It's a 24 specific frame made for a sus fork. Also has horz dropouts. It's gonna be nice. The custom wheels were expensive though.
ahhh thnx, do u kno anything about the disk brakes???

oh wow that sounds pretty mean lol. how much did the rims set u back?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
There is no way to install a caliper or disk without replacing the wheel and frame/fork.

Wheels and tires were about $400 for a decent 24 setup.