Quantcast

Eastern Woods Research - a little blast from the past

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I recall from the review I read of the old frames in Dirt Rag many moons a go, the frames went for around 750.00 back then.

I think I payed 50.00 for the one I got off mtbr way back when.

Kenn Bendajo

Chimp
Nov 12, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Jay and I are actually working on the design for a niner frame (as well as a few other surprises). If all goes well, we'll have a niner frame out before spring. We'll try to keep you posted, but we have almost daily updates on the site. Check it out at www.EWRbikes.com

One pic accidentally got on the site last night of the proto in the jig.... :poster_oops:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Just a quick update for this thread. I got an email in my inbox this morning with the following information and I thought I'd throw it up here with permission given to me by the EWR folks:

The historic first production run of new '08 EWR Original Woods Bike frames is nearing completion, and will be going to finishing and paint next week. We are really excited as design and testing went better than expected, and the frames look great and ride like even better! We are releasing the first run of Medium and Large frames in Retro-Team Orange and Hot Damn Tamale White. This run only will come with retro, limited edition "Eastern Woods Research" graphics (all subsequent runs will be badged with our "EWR Bikes" logo).

To secure your purchase on this limited first run, we require $450.00 deposits on a first come basis. Please contact us via kenn@ewrbikes.com, or jay@ewrbikes.com for ordering info and status.

Figured it might be helpful to one or two of you Monkeys who've been following this thread.

Cheers,

Mark

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yep, it's on! Luckily, I live around the home base of Jay and those guys, hoping Jay will let me ride a demo soon, waiting on word back from him. This is a good deal, thinking I'm gonna have me a custom frame soon!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Will do. The riding around Allentown varies so much, these frames were almost, well, were, built to be able to ride such a varied terrain. I've been riding a hardtail up here since I moved up here, but according to Jay, for my size and riding style, I'll be able to basically make an EWR a "all-mountain" hardtail! I'm hoping hard and will for sure post up the rides.

Nov 12, 2007
X3pilot -

Don from EWR bikes here! Saw your posting about getting a demo ride on the new EWR and we're excited to get you on one as well.

You are correct that Jay is up in the Lehigh Valley; he is riding a medium that will be set up for dual slalom/aggresive trail riding. Our other partner, Kenn, lives in Montgomeryville and will be riding both a medium and a large, both set up for aggressive xc riding. You can contact them both through our website - www.ewrbikes.com.

(I'd offer to put you on my large xc woods bike, but I'm currently in central Georgia.)

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I think that the Lehigh Valley crew here should have a nice demo day and give a thorough review to all :)

Kenn Bendajo

Chimp
Nov 12, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Well, I have been following this thread pretty closely over the past few weeks. I have a demo ready. I should have another ready this weekend (2/23). That will be one M, and a L.

I think we are ready to start demos. I've taken a few to a couple of my local shops and need to get them out to you guys and gals.

If you are really nice, and bring some micro brew, I might be able to talk Jay into letting you ride his M bike set up for DJ / DS. (don't tell him I said this though :monkeydance: )

If you are interested in demo'ing one, contact me through the website and we'll set something up.

Kenn
www.ewrbikes.com

By the way, we have tshirts for sale on the website now too.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Looking sweet!

I'm so stoked about EWR's return. Wasn't quite right without Jay's work in the mix.

Imma git me one'a dem tee shurtz. Wasatch will represent. :wave:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I just took a pic of one at Ray's a few weeks back... the pic is on my photobucket, but I can't even get to it cause PB is blocked at work... when I am home I will post it up! :thumb: