Quantcast

Easton Vice Dh/Fr stem....anyone have one?

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I'm searching for that perfect length stem for my trail/light freeride bike (Kona coiler dee lux) and I'm stuck somewhere in the neighborhood of a 70-90mm stem. I just noticed that the Easton Vice stem comes in an 80mmx10 degree rise version, which splits the difference and sounds perfect. Anyone have a vice stem? Any experiences, reviews, thoughts..........I searched and the only stuff that came up was from just after the stem came out and nobody really knew anything. The price seems right, as it's cheaper than a Thomson, and I know Easton usually makes quality stuff.

Is the Thomson 90mm really worth the extra $$$ over the Easton vice 80mm???

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Yeah, I agree that the Thomson's are great stems, but I don't have the opportunity to get them at the price I can get this easton for...........you know, one of those deals of the industry type thing.

rhythmcycles

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
The Easton Vice stems are sweet. A few of the guys on our team are riding them and they seem to be holding up well. They're pretty light for burly dh/freeride stem. The Thompson's are sweet too, I've been riding them for a few years. The only thing I don't like about them is that the bolts tend to seize if over tightened or not greased when you install them. Granted...and easily avoidable problem. Personally, I'd save a few bucks and go with the Vice.

Check em out

We don't have the 80mm in stock but I'd be happy to order it for you if you can't find it. Easton is very quick about getting stuff to us.

Drop me an email if you have any questions or need anymore info.