Quantcast

eBay account suspended?

Anyone get this email before? Is it legit? What do I do now?

***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice***

eBay Fraud Mediation Request
Date: SAT, MAY 7 2005

You have recieved this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids at eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

THE FRAUD ALERT ID CODE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE WILL BE ATTACHED IN OUR FRAUD MEDIATION REQUEST FORM, IN ORDER TO VERIFY YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT REGISTRATION INFORMATIONS.

Fraud Alert ID CODE: xxxxxxxx
(Please save this Fraud Alert ID Code for your reference.)

To help speed up this process, please access the following form to complete the verification of your eBay account registration informations:

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below. You'll have the option to display your response directly on the listing.

Respond Now

Please Note:
If we do not receive the appropriate eBay account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this eBay account is fraudulent and will be suspended.
The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community.

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Never click on a link in an email. Go to www.ebay.com and log in. If it lets you log in, then don't worry about anything.

I got several fraud emails stating that I needed to "click this link and provide your username and password".

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am a dum-ass. I clicked on the link just now. Would you mind removing it from your post?

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Any time that you get an e-mail that asks you to click on a link, you should forward it to: spoof@ebay.com. If it is legit, they'll get back to you. If it is not, they'll let you know, as well.
Same thing with PayPal.I get them all the time and every one has been fake.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
ebay was having server problems a few days ago, if you couldn't log in that's why, nothing to do with your account being suspended. Ebay's policy is to never alert you of account problems by email, they'll always give you a message when you log in if your account needs to be updated.