Quantcast

Ebay and Cars

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
My girlfriend bought her Jeep CJ7 off ebay from a guy halfway across the country with no troubles. I was pretty nervous when she sent off the payment for it, but the transaction went smoothly and he had the jeep shipped here. Even with the shipping it was cheaper than anything she could find around here. Especially with a freshly rebuilt 350 in it. :thumb:

I don't think I'd recommend buying something without seeing it in person, though. She got pretty lucky that the guy was honest and the vehicle was as advertised. If you could find something local it might work out okay.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Ok... I ran the VIN on CarFax and it all comes out ok... the Car still has 12 months\15k miles of the Factory warranty left and the buy it now is 5k below bluebook retail...

SkaredShtles said:
Actually Detroit.......

Although I suppose "riot" might be an appropriate "alternate" spelling. :D

-S.S.-
or as the tag on the wall said last night DETOILET

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
What kind of car is it? What year, milage, options? I can at least tell you if it's a good deal.

BTW car fax is almost useless, it's not a bad idea to run one but i've seen many cars that were in accidents with a clean carfax.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
SkaredShtles said:
:eek: You're thinking about driving a Honda around Detroit?? Aren't you afraid somebody'll burn it to a char?

Or have things in Detroit changed in the last 20 years? :think:

:p

-S.S.-
Well, no it will be haualing to race rigs around for the next few years...anyway im north of DETOILET by about 30miles... and i work for a "Overseas Company"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Andy_B said:
Well, no it will be haualing to race rigs around for the next few years...anyway im north of DETOILET by about 30miles... and i work for a "Overseas Company"
You see - I'm originally from north of Detroit about 60 miles..... you gotta be more specific. Auburn Hills? Lake Orion? :D

-S.S.-

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Too bad dude, i used to live in New Haven. If i was still there i woulda taken a ride down there and checked it out for you, but now its an hour trip. Bummer.

bodycheck131

Chimp
Oct 14, 2004
I bought a quad off ebay not too long ago, got it shipped for 150. It was a good deal and the guy was honest. I recommend paying with Paypal or your credit card so you have some kind of protection in case something goes wrong.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
its solid if you go through all the precautions when doing it ie all the background checks not just carfax.com. also call up a local mechanic or find an internet buddy to go check it out and take it to a mechanic for you. i know tons and tons of ppl who got awesome cars off ebay and others who didnt spend the time and resources on it and got a beater

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Well, I must say that this was the most seamless transaction\purchase ever. The guy picked me up at the AirPort, drove me back to his place to get the car.
Hooked me up with 12 qt of oil (5w20 mobile one). The car is spotless...

SkaredShtles said:
You see - I'm originally from north of Detroit about 60 miles..... you gotta be more specific. Auburn Hills? Lake Orion? :D

-S.S.-

S.S.- I hail from Waterford Pontiac Lake Rec. is in my back yard ... you were Grand blanc area? or little more east?

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Andy_B said:
Well, I must say that this was the most seamless transaction\purchase ever. The guy picked me up at the AirPort, drove me back to his place to get the car.
Hooked me up with 12 qt of oil (5w20 mobile one). The car is spotless...

S.S.- I hail from Waterford Pontiac Lake Rec. is in my back yard ... you were Grand blanc area? or little more east?
Why would he give you 12 qts of oil? That sounds like a bad omen to me.