Quantcast

eBay find , is it actually useful ? Bike related

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
justsomeguy said:
Not sure about that post but being able to drop your saddle on the fly is very useful. It makes techy up-and-down trails flow better, and faster.

www.gravitydropper.com

The best thing to happen to my riding in a very long time.
do you use that on yr fly or turner?

and more importantly, what color boot did you select?

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
I have one, picked it up last year. I love it. Sure it looks pretty dumb but at 15 bucks it was a hell of a lot cheaper than a Gravity Dropper. This post was all the rage for riders in the mid nineties. The one I got was brand new.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Thats old school (if you don't count those rideheight spring things), I remember seeing that in MBA in the mid 90s I think?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
narlus said:
do you use that on yr fly or turner?

and more importantly, what color boot did you select?
The Turner for now. I'll probably get a shim so I can use it on the Fly for long rides that include pedaling uphill.

They were sold out of hot pink so I went black...

splat

Nam I am
syadasti said:
Thats old school (if you don't count those rideheight spring things), I remember seeing that in MBA in the mid 90s I think?

i used to have one of those "Height Rite" springs on my post.

As for teh gravity dropper , SloMoJo had one on his bike for a while while he liked teh concept , it just was Never right and he eventually sent it back.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
pretty cool and simpler than the gravity dropper-every review I read included how great they were

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
F.O.G said:
I have one, picked it up last year. I love it. Sure it looks pretty dumb but at 15 bucks it was a hell of a lot cheaper than a Gravity Dropper. This post was all the rage for riders in the mid nineties. The one I got was brand new.
From what I see, the seat height is adjusted thru an arc [moving foward/backward as well as up/down]. Is this correct? How is that not annoying as hell? :confused: