Quantcast

Ebay find of the day.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I am just amazed at people sometimes....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98083&item=7149125501&rd=1

Below is from the listing....look at the listing for the picture.

You are bidding on this Cannondale Aluminum Mountain Bike F 500 Caad 2 in great shape! If you are looking for a great bike with an AWESOME brand name look no further this is the bike for you! Cannondale has been ranked among the top of all touring and mountain bicycle manufacturers in the world. And is HANDMADE IN THE USA!! Cannondale has engineered this frame from aluminum making it very light and durable. Frame is in overall great shape with only minor wear and tear. Components are AVID AD-1.0L braking system, Front forks HEAD SHOK P-BONE note: the front forks are bent, CODA seat, CODA EXPERT handle bars and CODA cranks , gearing is SHIMANO DEORE XT, rims are light weight aluminum CR-18 SunRims and brand new TIOGA CITY SLICKER tires. Bike is just in great shape except for the front forks! Bike has some nicks in the paint. Bike frame measures 19 inches. With a name like Cannondale you just can’t let this one pass you by! Please ask any questions before bidding. Thanks, good luck, and have a great day!

Yeah the fork is just a little bent. Proprietary fork and no telling what the impact did on the frame. :rolleyes: :D

Rhino

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I love how he just dropped it into the list of items like it was no big deal. No bolding, not even parenthesis to set it off from the rest of the text.

"Components are AVID AD-1.0L braking system, Front forks HEAD SHOK P-BONE note: the front forks are bent, CODA seat, CODA EXPERT handle bars and CODA cranks..."

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
McGRP01 said:
Almost looks like he's just got the stem mounted backwards.
I thought about that too, but the brake bosses are pointing the right way for the fork to be bent.

I never did like the head shock....unless you wieghed a target amount they were crap. Air/oil, Bumper/oil it didn't matter....crapp-ola

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I sent the seller this question:

The fork is bent back, but the frame is not damaged?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I wonder what damage that rubber boot on the headshok is hiding....or maybe the damage is only to the lowers(doubt it though) :think:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MtnbikeMike said:
I wonder what damage that rubber boot on the headshok is hiding....or maybe the damage is only to the lowers(doubt it though) :think:
From memory those were some burly forks (the P-Bone?) as far as rigidity. I can't imagine a XC Cannondale would fair well after bending it's headshock back like that. :dead:

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
Q: Hello! What is wrong with the front fork exactly? Best Regards!!
Apr-13-05

A: I do not know much about bicycles other than what I did for research to sell this one for a friend. He had informed me of the bent forks. Supposedly they are bent to the rear of the bike slightly. According to him they do not affect turning or rotation of the tire / rim. The best I can eplain is they are "PUSHED BACK", for lack of a better term. Thank you all for your interest. Gary

næstep

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
Bargin hunters love a diamond in the rough.

Case in point: A Konica SLR camera I owned that completely dusted by a helicopter. Sand in every single nook. Took it to a shop, would have cost me more for them to disassemble and clean it than it was worth.

Instead, I posted it on eBay with a big disclaimer about the sand (no mention of the repair estimate) and it ended up bidding for approximately 70% of its value.

Sometimes you can't add enough disclaimers to ward off a determined bidder.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
HTFR said:
Q: Hello! What is wrong with the front fork exactly? Best Regards!!
Apr-13-05

A: I do not know much about bicycles other than what I did for research to sell this one for a friend. He had informed me of the bent forks. Supposedly they are bent to the rear of the bike slightly. According to him they do not affect turning or rotation of the tire / rim. The best I can eplain is they are "PUSHED BACK", for lack of a better term. Thank you all for your interest. Gary
Hahaha funny thing is he told the trueth in his response.

1) he doesn't know sh!t
2) the Wheel can still rotate in the fork easily, and I am sure the wheel turns just fine, inside the fork....it just would be as stable as a shopping cart.
3) it is "pushed back" :rolleyes: :mumble: