Quantcast

ebay 'find of the day'

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
i'm glad i get paid tomorrow... gonna use the "buy it now"!

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
lol the only reason he is selling it cause he realized that he was a ****ing jackass for building it up and his friends were making fun of him

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
Should I send him this e-mail...

This message from: romeo_patterson002@yahoo.ca to ( ad # 20944 ) Am Romeo and i would like you to know that i am interested in buying your mentioned for sale on the web of which i would like you to know that i am interested in buying this from you,ok. Pls,kindly notify me about the present condition and last offer of it along side with any recent pics of it. Are you the real seller or selling for someone?Are you a private seller and for how long have it been using this.I am just asking cos i am so much interested in buying it from you as i would like to sure it is in a good state before purchasing it about payment,i would like to know if you accept a money order or cashier check as mode of payment while i will handle the pick-up by myself through my reputable agent at your location I awaits your soonest.
Thanks
Romeo.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Jesus...."If I don't sell it for the asking price, I'll just wait..." "Recent unforseen debt..."

So this guy bought the dildo of all dildo's for himself and has to sell this bike right away....but not for less than the asking price....cause he can wait to pay the immediate unforseen debt that has attacked him....but it's got to go now!!.....A buddy of mine has one of those frames hangin' in his garage...just saw it this weekend...Maybe I should buy it and repaint it and rebuild it, then sell it for 7000.....

what a moron.... :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
this makes me feel so much better about his add. C'mon he is a patriot, buy his bike.... only thing that would have been better woul be the refelction of the world trade towers in the eagles eye with a single tear.....

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Nick said:
I have a friend that has one of those THINGS hanging in his garage as art..... Yes, I said THING. That is one of the worst frame designs ever. Get this. He is 6' 7" and 250lbs, so the frame is a extra large. It has an old school Girvan fork on it. I remember when he bought it back in 94. The funny thing was, the bike shop that built it up put small Girvan fork on the frame. Every time my friend jumped off a road curve he would flip over his handle bars because the small fork would bottom out on the tire. Can we say instant front brake. The bike shop keep saying it was the right fork for it. He never got them to give him the right size fork.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
"The rear suspension is primarily only active when the rider is in the saddle. When the rider is out of the saddle, the rear shock is immobilized."

For years I have tried to figure out how this was ever considered to be a good idea?

Most fast tech rocky sections are riden standing, right?

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I had a Control Tech version of that frame a few years back and I still feel that design makes for an awsome trailbike. The only reason I sold it was no disc tabs and with the shock located below the seatpost you had limited adjustability.
The guy selling is an idiot. The rear is still active when standing, it just doesn't react to pedal input.
I am not for sure but I would be suprised if that frame had any more than 4.5" of travel. Ultimate DH bike my a$$. Yes that fork is going to rip the headtube off in short order.
I find it funny that he has all these carbon parts and then runs DH tubes?
Frankenschwinn said:
"The rear suspension is primarily only active when the rider is in the saddle. When the rider is out of the saddle, the rear shock is immobilized."

For years I have tried to figure out how this was ever considered to be a good idea?

Most fast tech rocky sections are riden standing, right?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
FCLinder said:
I have a friend that has one of those THINGS hanging in his garage as art..... Yes, I said THING. That is one of the worst frame designs ever. Get this. He is 6' 7" and 250lbs, so the frame is a extra large. It has an old school Girvan fork on it. I remember when he bought it back in 94. The funny thing was, the bike shop that built it up put small Girvan fork on the frame. Every time my friend jumped off a road curve he would flip over his handle bars because the small fork would bottom out on the tire. Can we say instant front brake. The bike shop keep saying it was the right fork for it. He never got them to give him the right size fork.
I don't think this bike was around in 94... looks more like a 95/96/97.. when the URT/"Sweet Spot" were all the range.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
dump said:
I don't think this bike was around in 94... looks more like a 95/96/97.. when the URT/"Sweet Spot" were all the range.
I am not trying to be technical on when he got it. Just that he has one and it was funny seeing him flip over the bike. I know he got it a year or two out of High School (1993), which will put it in the 94 to 95 time frame.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
FCLinder said:
I am not trying to be technical on when he got it. Just that he has one and it was funny seeing him flip over the bike. I know he got it a year or two out of High School (1993), which will put it in the 94 to 95 time frame.
I hear you... I started riding in 94, and quickly became a huge techie (reading "mountain bike")... so I knew what the hottest bikes were @ that time... and remember this one coming a year or two later ... no big deal though.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
damn, i wish we could put in $1.00 bids and outbid eachother by .25cents each time. that would be funny as hell to have an item not meet reserve even with 300 bids. maybe the guy would get a clue.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
he probably thinks that everybody else likes his bike cause he's got 2000+ hits. but its probably just people clicking on the link from this forum. he's insane.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
The rear suspension is primarily only active when the rider is in the saddle. When the rider is out of the saddle, the rear shock is immobilized.

This is the ultimate downhill racing bike

Hmm....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sent:

i wrote said:
Just so you know, I'd expect that bike to sell for about $1500 if that given its age, and the curious fact that no one else thinks using a URT bike for downhill is a good idea. Good luck with your sale...
i don't expect a response from him, but will post up if he does send anything...