Quantcast

Ebay find of the day!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah he's kind of optimistic on the prices though....I have a set of the betty and woody shifters. I don't think I could sell them for more than original retail plus 25%...D

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
That's funny as hell!
The guy basically admits to devoting his life to tracking down this fork, now he's trying to sell it. Technology has left that old fork far behind, it's not worth more than $50 now.

I've got a few really old prototype Mountain Cycle suspenders at work that I should put on ebay for $1000.:thumb:

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
"Oh and by the way, all of you tech weenies watching and lusting over this auction....I wasn't kidding about raising the price on this item if nobody bid by day four...you might have gotten it cheaper...Oh well, good luck finding one at any price!"

what a choad

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Used to have a guy racing in NC that ran those... but that was back in 97. Butch remember Scott McClain???

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
OMG that fork is sooooo old. It still have the allen bolts on the crowns. Thats awesome. And those X-9 Shifter Combo are off the hook.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I love that quote about putting the fork up at a higher price if it didn't get any bids last time.

"Hey... Nobody wants my fork. Hmm... Wait, I've got an idea! Let's list it at a higher starting bid this time! That'll sell it!"

Cool piece of history, but it's barely worth the metal it's made of. Just because it's old or unique doesn't mean anyone wants it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
binary visions said:
I love that quote about putting the fork up at a higher price if it didn't get any bids last time.

"Hey... Nobody wants my fork. Hmm... Wait, I've got an idea! Let's list it at a higher starting bid this time! That'll sell it!"

Yes, but perhaps it's just crazy enough to work!

(I try to use this phrase multiple times each day)...

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
wow it would suck to be the one who gets riped off and buys those things

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
TWISTED said:
That's funny as hell!
The guy basically admits to devoting his life to tracking down this fork, now he's trying to sell it. Technology has left that old fork far behind, it's not worth more than $50 now.

I've got a few really old prototype Mountain Cycle suspenders at work that I should put on ebay for $1000.:thumb:
You hit the nail on the head there. I'm sure the fork would be worth something to someone; a collector I suppose. However, from a technology stand-point, that fork is pretty useless these days. I will be shocked if he sells that thing.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Hey I've got a 1998 GT tequesta on my rear wheel trainer in my house, it has an original first productin run manitou fork on it and mavic 217's on blue and yellow bullseye hubs,oh and a u-brake. do I hear 3 grand.............bahahahahahaha...that dude is off his rocker and should go ride a bike.what a knob

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
oooo....made from Judy and DHO parts...i can hardly contain myself...

by the sounds of it you could piece this fork together from seperate DHO and Judy auctions, throw in a Ti bolt or two and voila....

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
zedro said:
oooo....made from Judy and DHO parts...i can hardly contain myself...

by the sounds of it you could piece this fork together from seperate DHO and Judy auctions, throw in a Ti bolt or two and voila....
that's probably what he did. could be an amazing cash making scheme if it actually sells. you can buy judys by the metric ton and i'm sure you could find dhos if you really wanted to.