Quantcast

Ebay Find

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
The brakes don't match - the front one has an old-school reservoir for the fluid like on a motorcyle. (that looks like it'll last until your first crash.) and 2100 grams is pretty damn heavy for wheels these days...

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
That's one of those novelty bikes that you'll take out for a relaxing ride every once-in-a-while but would heart broken if you ever had it in a serious crash. Kinda like Stinky's dual-drive single speed kona. I'm assuming he doesn't ride that thing everywhere...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
it's been a while since i sold trek bikes, but [correct me if i'm wrong] isn't a dual-crown fork an INSANELY bad idea on a carbon-fiber XC bike?

Whatever, i'd buy it just for the silly-factor...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
kinghami3 said:
:stupid: don't underestimate the power of a y-bike; that thing is sweet
What?? :confused:

The Sunn bike is almost a twin to the old GT RTS.....

High pivot rocker driven shock.....RTS=Rocker Tuned Suspension. Although my RTS had like 1.8" of travel. LOL

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Nobody said:
it's been a while since i sold trek bikes, but [correct me if i'm wrong] isn't a dual-crown fork an INSANELY bad idea on a carbon-fiber XC bike?

Whatever, i'd buy it just for the silly-factor...
Nah....I wouldn't do jumping but for trail riding it would be OK. Friend ran a RST Mozo Hi-5 on his older Y-bike back in the day. I even ran a 6" boxxer on my GT STS carbon bike (carbon wrap HT was stronger than the aluminum only HT supposedly) I even rode Snoqualmie gravity assisted XC type riding (DH for back then) :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Secret Squirrel said:
Also know as the "huck master" of the day. That and elastomers...
Derailment alert!

Dude, I owned a RS Quadra 10....retired it and then exteneded the trvael to 3 inches :thumb:

My old RTS had a Noleen non piggy back coil/oil shock and a chromoly swing arm with no pivot at the rear axle. :clue: The swing arm was expected to flex Oly the aluminum swing arms in later years contained a pivot near the rear axle

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
RhinofromWA said:
What?? :confused:

The Sunn bike is almost a twin to the old GT RTS.....

High pivot rocker driven shock.....RTS=Rocker Tuned Suspension. Although my RTS had like 1.8" of travel. LOL
Sorry, disregard my comment. I have no idea what I was talking about; I just finished doing a job application and was not in the zone. I thought you were talking about two completely different bikes.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
RhinofromWA said:
Derailment alert!

Dude, I owned a RS Quadra 10....retired it and then exteneded the trvael to 3 inches :thumb:

My old RTS had a Noleen non piggy back coil/oil shock and a chromoly swing arm with no pivot at the rear axle. :clue: The swing arm was expected to flex Oly the aluminum swing arms in later years contained a pivot near the rear axle
James Earl Jones Voice: The bike knowledge is strong with this one.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
reflux said:
James Earl Jones Voice: The bike knowledge is strong with this one.
I am 30 yo but I remember the RS-1 (never had one but a riding buddy in college did) I was around to see the golden days of good old DH racing and consumer accessible suspension.....in most of its glory and horror. :D

Is there a crotchety old man smilie? :rofl:

It is amazing how far it all has come in a decade.

Rhino"I love those old school DH threads"fromWA

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
My buddy Dan built up a near twin of that bike in high school. I made fun of him then, and I stand by that now. Worst bike I've ever pedaled.

That is too funny.