Quantcast

Ebay is confusing

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
So, the reserve function is a ripoff, it have calculated that it will cost me 20 bucks for a reserve of 600 dollars.

Is it possilbe for me to end the auction early if i dont like the end price? And if the auction ends and i am stuck with a crappy price does this mean that I have to sell my frame for a low price?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Just make your starting bid the price you want. Sheesh this isn't rocket science. End the auction early? How about a kick in the nuts instead? Ebay should have an IQ test for users to take before selling items.

:nope: :nuts:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Ridemonkey said:
Ebay should have an IQ test for users to take before selling items.
Just remember that this is mack who we're dealing with here. I'm surprised he's capable of using a computer, let alone listing something on eBay. :think:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I didnt think that ending the auction early was screwing some one over. At all the real auctions i have been to, after it is over the seller can decide to take the car home or accept the price. There is no obligation to sell.

edit: BTW, i didnt put the dent there, azracerx did and the dent it fine. I rode it all last year without any problems. What do you think will happen? The whole frame is going to collapse because the downtube is slightly deformed?

splat

Nam I am
mack said:
I didnt think that ending the auction early was screwing some one over. At all the real auctions i have been to, after it is over the seller can decide to take the car home or accept the price. There is no obligation to sell.
Its against eBays rules , and if you did it to me I'd report you , Becasue it Pisses me off when some on edoes that.

and yes there is an obligation to sell!

and that is not true in a real auction , your the high bidder you are required to pay!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ebay isn't complicated, you are retarded.

Yes you have an obligation to sell, and yes you have the obligation to pay as high bidder. By listing and or bidding on an auction you enter into a contractual situation. Read the TOS.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
eBay rules if you know how to use it, they make more money by confusing people. Why set a reserve when you can set the starting price???

Didn't you spray paint that dented bike too? Good luck getting any money for it. Also a dent in a tube can cause it to collapse, it depends on the size and location of the dent though. Look at an egg shell. Super strong from end to end but if you compromise it side to side it's worthless. Same goes for Coke cans and bike frames.

J

JRB

OK - I'll start with "mack is a dummy", but at an auction, you are not required to sell. You are, however, required to pay comission on the high bid. I spent lots of times at sales and saw lots of folks pay comission and take cattle home. It is not the norm though.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
punkassean said:
...a dent in a tube can cause it to collapse, it depends on the size and location of the dent though.
Downtube shouldn't be an issue though. Think about it: when riding, your downtube is under tension. There are no compressional forces pushing it together, so therefore the dent won't compromise the structural integrity of Mack's ass-ugly Giant.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
true, except if he went into a g-out or ditch super hard it would compress and possibly contribute to a failure.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Forget the comparison of eBay to a "real" auction. Read the terms of service first - you are entering into a contract, and are required to sell the item at the end of the auction.

If you don't want something to sell for less than a certain amount, then you have three, very easy options: a reserve price, start the auction at the minimum price, or don't freakin' list it.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I bet he's one of those people that win my auctions and never pay me (man that pisses me off. 1 out of every 2 thing I sell never get paid for) :nope:

J

JRB

firetoole said:
I bet he's one of those people that win my auctions and never pay my (man that pisses me off. 1 out of every 2 thing I sell never get paid for) :nope:
Pay your what??

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I would never screw some on over.

And yes, although my giant is ass ugly, it is sellling for cheap.