Quantcast

Ebay is like crack

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
It is a strange but good feeling when you pop the last bid in 1 minute before the end. I always picture some guy freaking out about how someone snaked them. :mumble:

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
My friend got sniped in the last 30 seconds on an exhaust for his M coupe, lost buy 20 bucks. We were pissed.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BWAAHHH I never get anything I bid on!!!! I just bid and won a cool "The Tick Animated Series" DVD set from Ebay for Sq-Earl and one for his brother's birthday....got them....they don't work :mumble: Then (same day) I get an e-mail from Ebay telling me they revoked the seller and I should contact my credit card and/or paypal to get a refund. Damnit...I just can't win!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I am an ebay addict. I think people like me need some sort of support group or 12 step program. When I am looking to buy a new part, checking ebay becomes like some obsessive compulsive disorder. Oh well, now I have to install my new fork, so I cant spend all my time glued to this stupid box.

TreeSaw said:
BWAAHHH I never get anything I bid on!!!! I just bid and won a cool "The Tick Animated Series" DVD set from Ebay for Sq-Earl and one for his brother's birthday....got them....they don't work :mumble: Then (same day) I get an e-mail from Ebay telling me they revoked the seller and I should contact my credit card and/or paypal to get a refund. Damnit...I just can't win!
I went looking for a Simpsons DVD, but there were so many Chinese repros and fakes, I decided that buying DVDs on ebay was a high risk venture.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I've only made one E-bay purchase and it was from BMXman off this board. I did the 'buy now' thing and got my self back into the 20 inch bmx world.

best.purchase.ever.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
If Ebay is the crack, then I'm the junkie with no funds. I see nice stuff on there all the time and the first thing I do is start to look around for something I could sell to raise the money.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go look in my wife's jewelry box.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
BikeGeek said:
I see nice stuff on there all the time and the first thing I do is start to look around for something I could sell to raise the money.
:stupid:

Exactly the same here, except I can never find anything.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:

was the username lordopie???

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112058

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
BikeGeek said:
If Ebay is the crack, then I'm the junkie with no funds. I see nice stuff on there all the time and the first thing I do is start to look around for something I could sell to raise the money.

I'm the same. I've sold everything from musical instruments to flat bed scanners in order to feed my ebay bike part addiction. I'm always scrounging around the house for stuff collection dust.

Anyone wanna buy a snowboard? :D

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
BikeGeek said:

thats me! i always see something cool i want, then i remember, "aw ****, im broke" so much for that item. :think:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Ridemonkey said:
In other words - you were defeated.
Well, true, I didn't get them for what I wanted... but someone was willing to pay more than me, nothing I can do about that :p I'm not going to bid more than I'm willing to pay just to win :D

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I found a small bullit that stayed at $700 foir a while. I watched the remaining hours at school. In the last 2 hours it had gone up to $1500. I am addicted too. I always see good deals on parts and other stuff , but I don't have any money.