Quantcast

Ebay / Paypal Policies

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Anybody know if this is still the case? First off, I'm a 100%+ FB since 2003 on Ebay. I'm a verified premium paypal member.

I sold a guitar not too long ago and paypal would not let me deduct the funds until I could prove it was shipped. WTF is this?

Then they put a hold on the funds till the guy got the guitar and said it was ok?

I've never had this happen before. I've never screwed anybody over. I had to call and scream and threaten to cancel the ebay and paypal account altogether. I got my way though.

So is this still the case? I'd like to sell my Xbox 360 on there but not if I'm going to go through that again.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
careful selling the 360...with all the issues its has, a lot of people are buying good ones off ebay, the switching out saying the one you sold them is broke, leaving you screwed...

I will give you 11.00

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I had the same problem the last time i sold stuff on ebay. It pissed me off enough that I am done selling on ebay for a long time. Nothing beats a local sale with cash!

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Yeah this just happened to me as well. Really sucks as I was hoping to use the funds from the transaction to ship the item. 21 days is retarded long for a 100% electronic transaction.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The same thing happened to me when I sold my DH frame a few months ago. They said I was 'high risk' because I did not have 6 transactions in the past 12 months :disgust:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Yeah it's on CL. I'm trying to get 500 for it. I don't know if that's too high.

Kidding about the murder part. Believe it or not. No mortgage bs. I just find when I play it, primarily Call of duty, I get very angry and I can't sleep. Guitar hero I bought for my kid, she doesn't really like it.

I'm trying to get some money up to order a custom National Resonator guitar is all and wife wants to use the tax money to get rid of the last of the CC bills, which I guess is the smart thing to do. In the meantime I quit smoking which frees up 400 a month. I just got no cash right now, believe it or not.

800 a month for day care, 1200 a month for my other daughter (child support) and I wonder why I'm always broke. I hate to sell stuff to have to buy stuff, but so be it. If I don't use something for a period of time. Like the Xbox, it goes.

Plus it's a waste of damn time. With a 16 month old, there's little time as it is and I want to focus on music. Plus the Xbox live service pimps your card every three months too. I'm getting rid of all these little things that pimp my bank card here and there.

Cable bill is 150 a month. Static IP DSL + phone is 150 month. So I'm trying to clean up basically. With my wifes income and mine, we should be rich, but we have not a dime to our name.

So for the first time in my life, I'm going to actually save money from quitting smoking and actually save up for something rather than live on credit. I was going to move and build a house, but came to my senses as well. I have a nice 3 bedroom house, I don't need a bigger house. I'm always raging against greedy pigs. I don't want to be a greedy pig. I own a couple guitars. That's really all I own. I look at all the crap I use to own and it made me sick. 5 bikes, 5 of this, 5 of that. There's no need of it. So I got rid of most of the dirt bikes and all that motorized crap. I have no time to wrench.

There's no time for anything else. I went over my finances with a friend who is one of those financial guys. Went through every dime that is spent and I couldn't believe that we're paying every month. I don't need static IP DSL, I don't need 150.00 a month cable.

Getting rid of movie channels, home phone, high def cable which I never watch and I'm going to focus on my music and getting ready to start playing open mics.

When you make decent money like my wife and I you don't realize what you spend and take for granted. I want to have something to fall back on you know. I've been an idiot for a long time with the finances and there's no reason we should be broke. So that's the truth folks.

Last edited:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
This is the most coherent, sensible KS post ever. Wow. Congrats.

LOFL. Just getting sick of being screwed man. Every little thing I do I see some fine print that is pimping $1.00 here and $1.00 there. I'm tired of it. It enrages me beyond belief.

Another task I'm embarking on is sending cease and decist or desist (sp?) letters to every piece of garbage that comes in my mailbox. That I'm real tired of.

Use to be you could pile it up, stamp it with denied by addressee or whatever and dump 60 lbs of it off at the PO. But that is now illegal.

It's mostly about being pissed off about deception and doing something about it. Companies preying on people and screwing them in the process. This is why there is a financial mess.

There's a difference between providing a service and making a little money than sapping every single drop of blood out of another person. They'd steal your F'N DNA if they could. I've reached the point where I've HAD IT!!!!

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Dude... you're not BEING screwed... you're screwing YOURSELF. There's a difference you know. ;)

Good on ye for getting rid of $hit. Too bad you didn't realize this before you bought that big-a$$ TV. :p
Meh, it's only 56" man. Kind of small for the room it's in don't you think?

I do like to watch movies and the seldom that I do, I want a big TV and super surround sound. That and my guitars is the only real material stuff I care about.

I admit, it's 100% my fault. I take 100% responsibility. Now I read. I read every single word in anything I do or sign or whatever. If I don't understand something, I ask. I got hosed on my mortgage. 30k prepayment penalty. Why? Because I didn't read it. So it's my fault. But the fact that they prey on idiots bothers me.

So, now I'm educated with mortgages and know probably more than the guy telling me to sign on the dotted line. You can only be an idiot for so long I guess.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Meh, it's only 56" man. Kind of small for the room it's in don't you think?

I do like to watch movies and the seldom that I do, I want a big TV and super surround sound. That and my guitars is the only real material stuff I care about.

I admit, it's 100% my fault. I take 100% responsibility. Now I read. I read every single word in anything I do or sign or whatever. If I don't understand something, I ask. I got hosed on my mortgage. 30k prepayment penalty. Why? Because I didn't read it. So it's my fault. But the fact that they prey on idiots bothers me.

So, now I'm educated with mortgages and know probably more than the guy telling me to sign on the dotted line. You can only be an idiot for so long I guess.
I'm honestly glad you're getting wiser in your old age... :D

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Took me a minute there. I nearly pissed my pants. Now that's F'N funny. I doubt I could get that harmony remote to switch between the different sound modes of the Sony Receiver 5.1, 2 speaker, 2 speaker w/sub.

That's why I never bought one of those. Plus I'd have to hire geek squad to program it, or else I'd still be sitting there programming it.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Kind of sad that I can get my taxes done, and have my rebate deposited into my bank account before Paypal will clear the $1300 I got from selling a frame. Guy even got the frame and sent me an e-mailing saying it was excellent, and that he'd give me positive rep on eBay. No rep. No money.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Kind of sad that I can get my taxes done, and have my rebate deposited into my bank account before Paypal will clear the $1300 I got from selling a frame. Guy even got the frame and sent me an e-mailing saying it was excellent, and that he'd give me positive rep on eBay. No rep. No money.
FVCK Ebay. All done with them. I can sell stuff without those assholes, if I have some patience.

If you got 100%+ FB like I do, there shouldn't be an issue. Period. Ebay is a service to sell on. If you sell sh*t you get - feedback and there's where someones judgement comes in whether to buy from you or not. Should have nothing to do with Ebay. But some sorry asshole got burned, hired his lawyer and probably sued ebay so the rules change.

FVCK EM