Quantcast

Ebay Scams?

bIk3rdud3

Chimp
Oct 2, 2005
Not sure everyone but just a heads up just in case. Go to ebay and in the search field, type mountain bike. The list will pop up. Choose other. There will be several iron horse bikes for like 12.99 euro and such. All the bikes are for sale by people in china and they only have like one feedback or none but have been registered ebayers for months. I actually won the bid on a ironhorse 7point5 for about 350 shipped. Redicuolusly cheap. I requested pics of the bike in person and some pics of the serial number. He has yet to respond. I am not sure if it is a scam or they are all stolen. But it seems odd that these are 2,3,4 thousand dollar bikes for 20 bucks and they are all in china.
So heads up everyone. It might be a scam or we may be able to get new bikes.lol.

bIk3rdud3

Chimp
Oct 2, 2005
Also, notice the adds for the hollowpoint mk3 team. The pic is of the 7.5. When I emailed him of this, he responded that he was sorry for the mistake and the bike was in fact the one in the pic. That was when I asked for him to take pics of the actual bike in person and send them to me before I sent him payment. If I get back pics of a serial number and such, I may risk the 350 just to see what happens. Kinda like the lottery.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
bIk3rdud3 said:
All the bikes are for sale by people in china and they only have like one feedback or none but have been registered ebayers for months.
The ones that have feedback, are feedback from another fraud auction that they used just to give themselves feedback.

For example: The user you are speaking of(nick19821021) has one feedback. The user that left him feedback has a rating of 4366......but if you look at his feedback, there are no comments....only ???????? after all his positive feedback. It is like this for pages. Legitimate buyer/sellers leave a comment with their feedback......Product as described. Good communicatio. Fast Payment. Stuff like that.

Plus, if he is in China.....why did he list the location of the items as China & Ireland?

mtnbikej

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
He he he... lets see what he says:
Hello, I am very interested in this bike, and I would like to see more pictures. I would also like to know if you are willing to accept other payment methods- something that is safer, like Paypal. If not - curious as to why, since so many scammers use western union and fake checks - aren’t you afraid of them trying to rip you off?

bIk3rdud3

Chimp
Oct 2, 2005
Good plan slugman but he will just send you in circles. He has done been doing that to me. He still hasn't sent the pictures that I requested. But he acts surprised that I haven't recieved them yet. He will tell you some bull about paypal too. I asked him and he said he didn't use because of something to do with he would have to go to bejing for it and that is hours away. Whats funny is that I don't believe he realizes paypal is done over the internet with your local bank or credit card.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
bIk3rdud3 said:
Good plan slugman but he will just send you in circles. He has done been doing that to me. He still hasn't sent the pictures that I requested. But he acts surprised that I haven't recieved them yet. He will tell you some bull about paypal too. I asked him and he said he didn't use because of something to do with he would have to go to bejing for it and that is hours away. Whats funny is that I don't believe he realizes paypal is done over the internet with your local bank or credit card.
That's what I figured... I just like wasting these guys time.

The winning bidder had 0 feedback for the one I asked about... maybe another scammer?