Quantcast

EBAY schemers

DieselX

Monkey
May 26, 2004
New York City
if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. there were sooo many of these schemers before, but i always report them to ebay. they have 0 feedback, list the sickest bikes, and want you to only pay via western union, and other untraceable payments.

here's one, watch out guys: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ggsfsfsd&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

i think the guy whos the high bidder on most of his auctions doesnt want nayone to get schemed, so he bid crazy amounts on each auction so he would win and leave the guy negatives(thats just my guess, because i've seen it happened).

anyways, don't get caught in **** like this.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Notice how he is registered in Canada......however shows his location as United Kingdom.......dead giveaway for a scam.

Ebay has already "unregistered" the user.

The high bids show $14999.99 because that is the highest you can bid without being preapproved with a credit card by ebay.

mtnbikej

kalaius

Chimp
Oct 14, 2004
Hungary
Does anyone know a guy from Irvine,California with a Cannondale Gemini?He's offering the bike for sale,and I want to go for sure that it's a safe deal,since I can only pay with Western Union and one of my friends once payed a vast sum for a scam....:(

julianBC

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
ya, i am selling an m1 on ebay. the first auction the high bidder didnt pay (not a scammer). then i relisted it, and the 3rd highest bidder from the intial auction e-mailed me saying "i just sent the money to you via western union, why are you selling this bike again?" kinda dumb on his part, he sent the money to the UK and my auction clearly states im from ny, and he also didnt match up e-mail addys or whatever.