Quantcast

Ebay shipping labels

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody here still ebay? I sold a fork and need to ship it out, but I don't know whether to print my label via ebay, or just take it to the post office and pay whatever their shipping is. I have to go to the PO regardless, but I'd like to save money if possible....there's no convenience saved.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The paypal first class shipping is awesome for small packages less that 13 oz. You get free confirmation and can drop it right in the mailbox. But once you go over 13 oz, you have to use priority and it can get spendy. Plus you have to find a mail person to give the package to.

I generally use Fedex for anything large. Better prices.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I believe it's cheaper to print it out from the USPS website, than it is to use eBay. I checked it a few times in the past, and USPS was cheaper when done online.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think I may have answered my own question. For S+G, I checked USPS and the in-store price was 33.20, and the online price was 31.26, same as ebay's estimate. I save two dollars printing online.

Fedex is quite a bit cheaper though...next time, I don't want to piss off the buyer.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
eBay's estimates are typically exactly the same as the USPS website. I always print it via eBay because it conveniently generates all the information for the buyer and notifies them of the shipment.

It's more expensive to bring it to the post office.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
The couple dollars savings from printing it at home pales in comparison to already having the postage on a package, walking past the 20 people waiting in line, placing the package on the counter as you say "suckers" under your breath.