Quantcast

Ebayers Beware!!!

Nadtorious

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
I'm not normally one to post stuff like this, but I'm so incredibly frustrated with Ebay and a certain buyer right now it's not even funny :rant:
I posted an 07 Fox 36 Vanilla a couple weeks ago. The guy that won, Done_Deal_Now, got it for a heck of a deal. Didn't email me til after he won, asked if I had the stiff springs for the fork (I didn't, emailed him this). Didn't hear from him for 5 days or receive payment, so I had Ebay send him an invoice. He responds with an email calling me a scammer and saying that he had turned me in. I was confused, told him I wasn't, he asked for my phone number so we could clear things up. When he got ahold of me, he told me he had received an "official" email from PayPal right after the auction was over saying that the original seller's PayPal account had closed right after the end of the auction and to MoneyGram the amount to a bank account in Spain (if that doesn't sound shady......). I assured him that I'm a real person, a college student living in Fort Collins and that I was not the sender of that email. In fact, I had him Google my name so he could see that I race and am a sponsored rider (wasn't trying to brag, just wanted him to see that I'm a real person, living in the US, trying to sell a freakin' fork)....
Well, he finally got comfortable with that and said he would consider buying the fork, and would contact me later.
Lo and behold, my phone rings a half hour later and he offers me this proposition: I send the fork to him, and as soon as he receives it he wires $400 to my bank account ($65 LESS than what he won it for). He claimed that, since he needed to buy the stiffer springs for the fork, I should absorb the difference in price (nice how he brings this up AFTER he found out I ride for Fox....). Yeah freakin' right! I declined and said that I would leave this up to Ebay from here on out.
I've tried contacting Ebay about this but haven't gotten a reply yet. The guy already left ME bad feedback, saying I'm a scammer. Now I'm stuck with the fork, listing fee, bad feedback, and some of the most hateful emails I've ever read. What do I do???

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm not normally one to post stuff like this, but I'm so incredibly frustrated with Ebay and a certain buyer right now it's not even funny :rant:
I posted an 07 Fox 36 Vanilla a couple weeks ago. The guy that won, Done_Deal_Now, got it for a heck of a deal. Didn't email me til after he won, asked if I had the stiff springs for the fork (I didn't, emailed him this). Didn't hear from him for 5 days or receive payment, so I had Ebay send him an invoice. He responds with an email calling me a scammer and saying that he had turned me in. I was confused, told him I wasn't, he asked for my phone number so we could clear things up. When he got ahold of me, he told me he had received an "official" email from PayPal right after the auction was over saying that the original seller's PayPal account had closed right after the end of the auction and to MoneyGram the amount to a bank account in Spain (if that doesn't sound shady......). I assured him that I'm a real person, a college student living in Fort Collins and that I was not the sender of that email. In fact, I had him Google my name so he could see that I race and am a sponsored rider (wasn't trying to brag, just wanted him to see that I'm a real person, living in the US, trying to sell a freakin' fork)....
Well, he finally got comfortable with that and said he would consider buying the fork, and would contact me later.
Lo and behold, my phone rings a half hour later and he offers me this proposition: I send the fork to him, and as soon as he receives it he wires $400 to my bank account ($65 LESS than what he won it for). He claimed that, since he needed to buy the stiffer springs for the fork, I should absorb the difference in price (nice how he brings this up AFTER he found out I ride for Fox....). Yeah freakin' right! I declined and said that I would leave this up to Ebay from here on out.
I've tried contacting Ebay about this but haven't gotten a reply yet. The guy already left ME bad feedback, saying I'm a scammer. Now I'm stuck with the fork, listing fee, bad feedback, and some of the most hateful emails I've ever read. What do I do???
A) List his email address here.
:D
B) Explain the whole damn thing to eBay and send them the emails to back it up. See if they can pull the neg feedback because he won't pay.
C) Find him then pour salt in his ass after you've kicked it open.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Hey, if you want to sell me the fork, drop me a line, I'll buy it if the price is right, and I can get my own springs, I am a big boy.

Guy sounds like a douche bag who is trying to scam you. Report him to ebay.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i had a similar problem when i won a bid. the guy had a small retail store too and sold my item while the auction was on going. im in Mass and he's in NH. when i won it i asked if i could pick it up. that's when he told me he sold it and he wasn't sure when he was going to get another one or if he could since the item was a mfg. closeout. luckily i hadn't paid at that point, but i did leave him neg feedback since how can you list an item for sale then sell it in your retail store!! he turns around and leaves me the same saying i sent him verbally abusive emails!! too f'ing funny!!! all i did was point out what he did was wrong and when was i going to get my item. sure enough, he lists the same item a few months after. and i've had a problem with being the seller too with the buyer not paying. in the end ebay will only do so much, the way i look at it is, i have plenty of positive feedback, if someone has a problem with my 2 negs, ask and i'll fill you in. a boatload of positives with only 2 negs is a no brainer. good luck tho, people do suck.

Nadtorious

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
Ebay recently took away the seller's ability to post negative or neutral feedback about a buyer. I can kind of/sort of understand this.....but seriously?! Anyone know what I can do besides turn him in as a non-paying bidder?

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Ebay recently took away the seller's ability to post negative or neutral feedback about a buyer. I can kind of/sort of understand this.....but seriously?! Anyone know what I can do besides turn him in as a non-paying bidder?
that's just plain stupid! it's not always the sellers who are bad, in one case i had the guy kept stalling for payment and we had this whole go around on shipping charges and payment. if only being able to turn him in for non payment is your only option, then do it. i dont know if there are any ebay based forums you can post on for bad sellers/buyers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nothing you can do except report a non-paying bidder.

They did that because too many buyers wouldn't post honest feedback for fear of retaliation. Big sellers may only take a tiny hit with one negative, but a buyer with 10 or 20 feedbacks will have his score really marred by a negative.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
File a non-paying bidder on him. All of my auctions state that payment is due with in 72 hours of close of bidding.
exactly!...Although technically you can't file a Non paying Bidder complaint until after 7 days of the invoice. He obviously was sent a spoof email from someone else which Ebay can easily figure out. Since there is a new system in place unfortunately you can't leave him negative feedback. I thought I read part of the new rules were that stated buyers couldn't leave you negative feedback until they have paid but maybe it's changed. Just file NPB and wait. If he doesn't pay them Ebay will remove the negative feedback and you will get a refund on the auction cost.

Whatever happens don't go for the square trade crap, it's totally useless and solves next to nothing!...D

Nadtorious

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
I couldn't post a NPB til yesterday (auction ended a week from last Friday), and all they can do is send him a reminder, and then in 7 days I get to finish filing a dispute. Does anyone know if that just means I don't have to pay the listing fee?
This guy left the feedback before ever even contacting me, and definitely before I got any money (which I have yet to see...). I read over Ebay's policies about unfair feedback (I sent them a couple ?'s regarding the situation and I got a pretty sterile computerized response about feedback), and apparently they are the only ones that can remove negative feedback, and that's only if it's deemed slanderous or offensive. The comment he left me was that I'm a "scammer". I can understand why they don't want sellers to be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer with, say, only 10 or 20 feedback comments, but I can't even leave a NEUTRAL comment now?? For the money paid in listing fees and otherwise on Ebay anymore, I think I'll be sticking to Craigslist and Ridemonkey classifieds :wtf:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I couldn't post a NPB til yesterday (auction ended a week from last Friday), and all they can do is send him a reminder, and then in 7 days I get to finish filing a dispute. Does anyone know if that just means I don't have to pay the listing fee?
This guy left the feedback before ever even contacting me, and definitely before I got any money (which I have yet to see...). I read over Ebay's policies about unfair feedback (I sent them a couple ?'s regarding the situation and I got a pretty sterile computerized response about feedback), and apparently they are the only ones that can remove negative feedback, and that's only if it's deemed slanderous or offensive. The comment he left me was that I'm a "scammer". I can understand why they don't want sellers to be able to leave negative feedback for a buyer with, say, only 10 or 20 feedback comments, but I can't even leave a NEUTRAL comment now?? For the money paid in listing fees and otherwise on Ebay anymore, I think I'll be sticking to Craigslist and Ridemonkey classifieds :wtf:
Don't worry Ebay will refund you all the fee's if he doesn't pay. I have been in the same situation a number of times....just be patient and don't leave feedback until all is said and done. If it goes your way and it should they will cancel his feedback, he'll get a negative strike and you can leave them negative feedback...D

Nadtorious

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
He finally paid last night.....and apologized for all the drama.....and rubbed my feet (ok so not that, but it'd be a lot cooler if he did......).
I think I'm done with Ebay.