Quantcast

Ebaying

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just won an auction for a 2006 Specialized S-works Tarmac SL. Pretty much original except a cheaper wheelset which seems okay (DT Swiss 240's 32 Hole RR1 rims) plus I will get the carbon seat post too. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive but I am super happy. It will be fun to get some speed going.

Am I now an official member of the Road & Cyclocross forum :)

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Beautiful.

Those wheels are money. Don't sweat them for a minute. I built some with DT 190s with Aerolite spokes and they were 1427 grams laced 2 cross front, 2x3 back.

Congrats.

Wait until you see my new ride. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Looks like it had a Specialized Roval FACT Classique Rapide wheelset.

Thank you for the info on the wheelset. I did not know they would be that light. So the only difference to fancy wheels is only the lower drag.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
There will be a slight difference in aerodynamic drag, and carbon rim may be lighter. But that DT wheelset will likely be more durable anyways

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
There will be a slight difference in aerodynamic drag, and carbon rim may be lighter. But that DT wheelset will likely be more durable anyways
Yup - I ride them on my PowerTap and have no issues. If they were built well, they should be 1500 grams or so. They are as punchy out of turns as my 404s, IMO. They climb super well.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
That crank looks newer than 2006. The rings definitely are.

Anywho, sweet.

And yeah, the wheels are dope ****, dawg.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow good eye Dustin. Here is what the seller wrote:

New Mint 2009 Ni-Boron Carbon Road Crank ( $500 value ) New Mint S-works SL Carbon Seatpost ( $140 value ) comes with the current Dura Ace Seatpost . S-works Compact Chainrings & Spider ( $175 value, used briefly in excellent shape ) Shimano Dura Ace 7800 10 speed, DT Swiss 240's 32 Hole RR1 rims ( Good condition, used as a training/race wheel ) New Dura Ace Chain, New Dura Ace Brake Pads, New Shifter & Brake Cables, 44cm Carbon Road Bars w/ Ritchey 110 stem ( wet look black)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
damn, new cranks as well as a new spider and rings? That's a pretty good deal. First thing to do will be to check both sets of rings (did you get both standard and compact?) and make sure they're shifting properly. I have had issues with both the standard and compact rings (shifting pins being too short).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
According to the seller it says compact which is also what I wanted. As they rings are used I hope they are okay. How do you know if the shifting pins are too short? I am really happy with the overall build.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yeeeehhhhaaa the bike arrived today. 16.5lbs on the bathroom scale include cages and my 99 Time ATAC mtb pedals. It looks great and the size feels perfect. Now if only if it would stop raining.

The seller has been really cool and included extra tape, 4 tubes, two sets of DA break pads plus the original rings and spider besides what is on the bike.

Last edited: