Quantcast

eBay's Second Chance Offers....Be Careful!

sarahalyse

Chimp
Mar 9, 2006
So I was bummed when I didn't win this beautiful bike I was watching on eBay for almost a week. A couple of days later I got an email from the "eBay" offering me the bike because the winner didn't want to buy the bike. I exchanged a few emails with "the seller" and he told me he didn't like PayPal and wanted me to use Western Union to wire the money. RED FLAG! Never use Western Union to send money to some one you don't know. If you are iffy about a real eBay email, check your email account on eBay if you don't see the same email, then it is a fake. The email he sent me was on an eBay letter head and had all the official stuff connected to it. I had to learn the hard way and lost some money due to the fees but canceled the wire before he was able to rip me off for over $1000.
His info:
Paul Pavlino
244 E. Pearson Street
Chicago, IL 60611
He is a scammer! A low life prick who steals money from good people.

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
OMG i received the exact same thing.....we NEED to spread the word to everyone. i really thought this was a second chance offer until i reread the ebay's second chance offer terms. Very intelligent/smart scam fer sher. Good lookin out.
Here is the scammer:
Seller's verified payment address:
Raul Cruz
620 Wadleigh Avenue
West Hempstead, NY 11552
United States Of America

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
sarahalyse said:
So I was bummed when I didn't win this beautiful bike I was watching on eBay for almost a week. A couple of days later I got an email from the "eBay" offering me the bike because the winner didn't want to buy the bike. I exchanged a few emails with "the seller" and he told me he didn't like PayPal and wanted me to use Western Union to wire the money. RED FLAG! Never use Western Union to send money to some one you don't know. If you are iffy about a real eBay email, check your email account on eBay if you don't see the same email, then it is a fake. The email he sent me was on an eBay letter head and had all the official stuff connected to it. I had to learn the hard way and lost some money due to the fees but canceled the wire before he was able to rip me off for over $1000.
His info:
Paul Pavlino
244 E. Pearson Street
Chicago, IL 60611
He is a scammer! A low life prick who steals money from good people.
I just got the same email from the same guy.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
mmaddmark said:
whats their ebay ids?
Seems like he is fond of expensive Specialized Enduros, but I am sure that any expensive bike selling for cheap would make a great target. He goes after real auctions, posing like the selleer who has had the winner back out.

sarahalyse

Chimp
Mar 9, 2006
mmaddmark said:
whats their ebay ids?
There are no ebay id's, because they contact people using their personal email address and send the offer on a fake ebay letter head.

I was trying to buy a Bullit. It seems that Paul goes after the higher selling bikes...I was about to pay him about $1300. I have such mean things to say to him if I ever meet him.

sarahalyse

Chimp
Mar 9, 2006
redical said:
I just got the same email from the same guy.
you should string him along...he deserves it or ask him how many scams he's gotten away with, that guys a prick.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
bomberboy11 said:
That address is a hotel that borders Northwestern University on the north side of downtown Chicago.
The Ridemonkey 4X Ninja Hit Squad has been dispatched!

But seriously, his info has been reported to ebay and the FBI. Best thing we can do is to keep each other informed.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
I know Chicago fairly well, and with a name like "Pavlino" in the inner city and a hotel address with no unit number, that information will sadly be just about useless (chances are it was with a disposable email address like Yahoo or Hotmail too).