Quantcast

EC Assaulted at Fontana?

Jan 8, 2007
Ladera Ranch
From where I was standing, it appeared that a drunk superfan might have given EC a love tap with a home-made white trash noise maker.
What the hell?:crazy:

Anybody else see???

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
can you guys just kick the sh*t outta people like that next time?

Seriously - like there are anot enough people who hate us for biking, now we have super-loosers, er fans who are distrubtive?!?!?!

If i saw that, someone would get tossed down the trail.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Lets hear from EC before we trash the “enthusiastic guy with the Milk jug full of gravel, and a mouth full a DH fashion advice”.
Why? It's fairly obvious what occured. I'm happy slating the SOB for his actions.
Spectators here in Europe are enthusiastic too, but in the good way.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
That sucks, but at least he wasn't standing in the trail. Nothing annoys me more than fans that try to cross the trail or aren't paying attention when you are coming

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
If that guy hit Carter by accident (or got too close) just cheering him on with the "noisemaker" that's one thing...

But if he did it on purpose, well - I'm not one to purport violence, but if I was there I'd stomp his guts out.

But that's just me - results and opinions may vary.

:biggrin:

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
While you guys are mostly right about fans not interfering with racers, in this instance it's different. The "superfan" was Scott Hart, and he talked with a bunch of racers (including EC) before hand and let them know, so the racers were all stoked with it, and if the weren't, Scott wouldn't do anything. Scott has raced pro a long time, he knows the deal. The white trash noise maker he had was awesome, a milk jug he found on the ground with rocks in it. Scott even recycled the milk jug after he emptied out the rocks. I tried to have him whack me with the milk jug on the pedalling section to give a little extra encouragement, but Scott was too late for that. All the fans in that section were awesome.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
as said, Scott Hart was the culprit with the Milk Jug......we have talked about his "white trash noise makers" many times and he wanted to show me he had it going....in the quali he had a water bottle and i didn't hear it so he upgraded to super size....

i had no problem with Scott being there, he was a bit close but he didn't change my line, i just looked at him so he knew i heard the "Jug" and we had a good laugh about it after the race......that section was so loud it was like a world cup...i thought it was cool for all the slamming Fontucky takes.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
as said, Scott Hart was the culprit with the Milk Jug......we have talked about his "white trash noise makers" many times and he wanted to show me he had it going....in the quali he had a water bottle and i didn't hear it so he upgraded to super size....

i had no problem with Scott being there, he was a bit close but he didn't change my line, i just looked at him so he knew i heard the "Jug" and we had a good laugh about it after the race......that section was so loud it was like a world cup...i thought it was cool for all the slamming Fontucky takes.
case closed !! Way to go superfan:clapping:

Nice video. Usually it's the photogs who i usually almost hit. They lean way out over the tape to get a good shot not knowing that my ninja line is right over there next to them up against the tape. I know i'm not focusing enough when I watch them dart out of the way.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
*gulp* I didn't make it this weekend because of an injury. That expert/pro section looked wicked! Thanks for the vid!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
For me, the hardest part of a race run is going through some section devoid of fans, then popping off a rock drop with some stealthy photog like Damian Breach hiding behind a tree.

You all think that milk jug was intimidating, there was a guy playing sneak at the Fontana, NORTH CAROLINA night downhill race back in February. He was dressed in a near 7 foot tall COOKIE MONSTER costume. It was scary as crap to be 2 wheel drifting in the dark and have him pop out from behind a tree into your vision. Worst run was during my race run, he was on the uphill side of a blind curve and just inches away from me in the dark!!!!

It was comedic if you know it's coming...creepy when he changes locations! :D:D

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

Really?!

Based on my previous response, I guess option #3 never occured to me: "It's OK if ... it was a friend that wanted to show you his noise maker..."

My apologies - didn't know that was Scott Hart or that he was someone you knew well.

He was dressed in a near 7 foot tall COOKIE MONSTER costume. It was scary as crap to be 2 wheel drifting in the dark and have him pop out from behind a tree into your vision. Worst run was during my race run, he was on the uphill side of a blind curve and just inches away from me in the dark!!!!
...that would definitely freak me out.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Best execution of 'superfan' ever has to be Snowshoe '04 when Chase and the boys shook up their beer bottle as let loose all over George Ryan 100 yards out of he start gate. Someone must have caught it on camera?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
It was scary as crap to be 2 wheel drifting in the dark and have him pop out from behind a tree into your vision. Worst run was during my race run, he was on the uphill side of a blind curve and just inches away from me in the dark!!!!

Cookie! Cookie! Cookie!:clapping:
Thats freakin awesome!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
For me, the hardest part of a race run is going through some section devoid of fans, then popping off a rock drop with some stealthy photog like Damian Breach hiding behind a tree.
Damn photographers!

You all think that milk jug was intimidating, there was a guy playing sneak at the Fontana, NORTH CAROLINA night downhill race back in February. He was dressed in a near 7 foot tall COOKIE MONSTER costume. It was scary as crap to be 2 wheel drifting in the dark and have him pop out from behind a tree into your vision. Worst run was during my race run, he was on the uphill side of a blind curve and just inches away from me in the dark!!!!

It was comedic if you know it's coming...creepy when he changes locations! :D:D
that's awesome! i'd piss my pants laughing if i had seen that hahaha

of course, it still doesn't top the story about a hairy white butt mooning you in the middle of the Angelfire woods! ahem... EC... ;)

Jan 8, 2007
Ladera Ranch

Glad it was all in fun, I really thought you were going to march back up the hill and kick sum.

To Scott Hart: Sorry if I insulted you, I just had visions of groms throwing milk jugs at all the pros for fun. Keep yelling! This race was a blast.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Best execution of 'superfan' ever has to be Snowshoe '04 when Chase and the boys shook up their beer bottle as let loose all over George Ryan 100 yards out of he start gate. Someone must have caught it on camera?
i could have sworn that was in one of the dvds they have.. sevenvision, chain reaction(1-5?), no recess or maybe even counterparts? i'm kinda leaning towards that last one...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Damn photographers!

that's awesome! i'd piss my pants laughing if i had seen that hahaha

of course, it still doesn't top the story about a hairy white butt mooning you in the middle of the Angelfire woods! ahem... EC... ;)
There have been some white ass sightings at Fontana also in the past....I'm sensing a trend here.

It's nice to see Scotty is living up to his Indiana roots with the white trash shaker.....

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
hahaa, I was gonna say this ranks up with George gettin sprayed with beer but trumpore beat me. He welcomed that though besides being sticky

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Totally uncool .............. you can waste beer like that :monkey: